Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Dale Swanson
      Participant
        @daleswanson@bhhscaproperties.com

@anthony-simonie  @halle-eavelyn  @matt-barcus  @negeen-dargahi

All:

I’ve been slogging my way through the HeroWebinar content builder, frame at a time. I’m having a lot of difficulty getting inspired; what to offer; or how what I do – as a Realtor, 1-to-4 units Residential – can be pitched in a compelling, value-added proposition, webinar format. I have a lot of experience; I have a number of professional credentials; I’ve closed a lot of transactions, and I’ve helped a lot of people. That said, what I do, professionally, or my business model, is not especially unique. I may be very good at what I do, but there are other good Agents out there (even in my area).  I could really use some advice. Thanks in advance.

Dale

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @dale-swanson!

Please make sure you watch Halle’s video called: “HERO STORY HELP” in the Transformational Business Strategy module (bottom middle module on your MAIN DASHBOARD – turquoise with a bullseye) video index is to the right of the video window, in alphabetical order.

@halle-eavelyn actually made this very recently for those feeling the same way as you.

Everyone has a story worth sharing, it just comes down to what that story is that will help others in the process.

Dale Swanson
          Participant

@negeen-dargahi @anthony-simonie  @halle-eavelyn  @matt-barcus

Hi Negeen,

Thank you very much. I will take a look at Halle’s “Hero Story Help” video, as you recommend.

Dale

Dale Swanson
            Participant

@anthony-simonie  @halle-eavelyn  @negeen-dargahi  @matt-barcus

All:

I had slogged through the HeroWebinar content builder to completion; I’m not happy with the results. I still don’t see any hot, irresistible “act now” call-to-action that could compel people to pick up the phone (or text, or e-mail) to work with me, over all others, because based upon the webinar, they believe I could solve all their problems. I took Negeen’s advice, and re-watched Halle’s “Hero Story Help” video (again; I’d watched it a couple of times before), and it still seems generalized: I don’t see “the sizzle”. Should I  post the “Slider Builder Details” I received by e-mail, into the Forum for review? Please advise. Thank you!

Dale

n d
              Keymaster
                @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @dale-swanson,

I immediately thought of your infomercial. You have loads to offer. It really looks like you have so much knowledge and expertise in what you can help your clients with. You just need to really dive deep into your “perfect client” and re-discover their pain points. How you can help them based on the journey that got you here.

Believe in yourself AND your message.

Going to tag in @anthony-simonie and @halle-eavelyn for some words of wisdom!

Halle Eavelyn
                  @halle@coredm.com

Hi, @dale-swanson

This comes down to 2 things, both MINDSET issues, my dear.  POSTIONING (rewatch that video, too, while you are at it!) and BELIEF. Your positioning is outside mindset first – you show people just one aspect of you that they can hang onto: Dale as THE EXPERT. OF COURSE there are other experts, but you’re the one they want – your deadpan sense of humor plus your expertise are already enough to put you over the top.

Next, your positioning is inner mindset – and it goes along with belief – right now, you are still judging yourself compared with others and finding yourself falling short (watch my video Some of that for me, please).

Bottom line: You’re doing great, but you don’t feel like you are, so you’re failing even as you are succeeding.  This is a KEY CORE ISSUE for you, Dale, not just with this video, but with everything.  Remember Henry Ford: Whether you believe you can or you believe you can’t, you’re right.  Also rewatch the video Thoughts are things.  It ALL comes back to that.  Your thoughts will create your future, as they have already created your past.  As you are developing this webinar, all your thoughts have been, “Well, OKAY, but this really isn’t good enough.  I’M really not good enough.”  And that’s the energy of the webinar.  WHAT IF you shifted it around – and re-edited the webinar thinking, “This is the best webinar possible for me!  This is SO much better than any marketing I’ve ever done! This is going to attract exactly my perfect clients! I’m SO proud of it and of myself for making it! I’m so excited about my webinar!!” Do you think that attitude might infuse your webinar with more positive energy, inspire you to have even better ideas, AND give you better results???

COME TO THE MINDSET CALLS!!!! We miss you and you need it!!
                  Love,

Halle

Dale Swanson
                  Participant

@halle-eavelyn @anthony-simonie  @matt-barcus  @negeen-dargahi

I really do seem to be horribly stuck on the HeroWebinar Build module. While it is partly a mindset issue (overwhelm, and resistence, doing something I’ve never done before, using tools I am completely unfamiliar with), part of it is also confusion (or disorientation). I may have gotten out of sequence, either before or after the SlideDeck Builder. After watching the “Getting Out of Your Own Way” video with Halle and Anthony again, I decided to re-start the module from the beginning. I watched Anthony’s video on recording the webinar, discussing Camtasia vs. Screenflow, a Blue Yeti mic, recommended dual monitors. There was mention in the video of a host platform (for the finished webinar itself); I seem to recall seeing a different video, about the pros and cons of various hosting platforms, as well as sign-in (or lead capture tools). Where is THAT video located? I feel like I made a wrong turn. After building the slides (which I did, and am currently editing, with Lindsey’s invaluable help), what’s next? Record and edit? Then find a host, and lead capture, platform(s)? Also: this webinar is just an invite – yes? – to capture prospects via further communication (e.g., webinars, social media, messaging, telephone, etc). Am I interpreting this correctly (or am I very lost)?

Please advise. Thank you, all.

Dale

n d
                    Keymaster
                      @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @dale-swanson

@tony-liddic, in reference to the post above, what module discusses pros and cons of various hosting platforms, when it comes to the webinar?

@anthony-simonie, can you refresh Dale on next steps for the webinar while Lindsey is in the editing process, and a few other questions listed above?

Dale, please come to the mindset calls if you aren’t already, that should really help with your mindset. Tagging in @halle-eavelyn for further tips.

Dale Swanson
                      Participant

@negeen-dargahi @anthony-simonie @halle-eavelyn @tony-liddic

Hi Negeen,

Thank you very much for the detailed, thoughtful response, and for copying everyone in asking for their assistance.

I’m realizing again (belatedly) that I have a more fundamental, pragmatic problem with recording these items (e.g., the webinar, the infomercial): I don’t have a quiet, let alone private, space within which to do this. (Thinking back, this is in part how I came up with the short, funny spots: I decided I needed to engage a commercial house, with the facilities, in order to shoot and cut, and therefore I needed to make the structure as simple as possible, in order to keep the cost down). My office environment is an open space; I work in a cubicle. My home workstation has its own ambient noise issues (neighbors, traffic, the air conditioning). Obviously I can buy the recommended mic, and download the Camtasia (or Screenflow) software – and if I understand correctly, one of these is more compatible with Mac, than with Windows – but actually having a private, quiet space within which to do the recording (never mind any editing) is a problem for me (without hiring, again, an outside facility and technicians).

Please advise. Thank you!

Dale

Laura Barker
                        Participant
                          @laura@premiersolutionsintl.com

@dale-swanson   hi, Dale! I hope you’re having a fantastic day. I was so impressed with your infomercials that I was looking for your webinar. Your creativity and wonderful personality made me want to see what you had come up with for your webinar. I see from this thread that you had been struggling with it. I’m just curious if you ever completed it. If you did, would you mind sharing it with me? I’m struggling myself and could use some inspiration. Thanks!

Laura

Dale Swanson
                          Participant

@halle-eavelyn @anthony-simonie @diane-hansen @tony-liddic @negeen-dargahi @matt-barcus

Hi Laura,

Thank you for writing; my apologies for my delay in response. And thank you, again, for the compliment on the short commercial spots I created this past summer. I did get stuck on the webinar to a point I haven’t been able to get past. Finally – way back in August – I realized that part of the problem was in no small way mundane: I simply did not have either the facilities within which to rehearse, record, re-record (without a great deal of background noise and/or interruption) or the access to such a place (even where I live, is on a major divided arterial street, and near an airport (and it’s now tourist season, here in Palm Springs) AND there is currently a great deal of construction, both on a large new residential project, and on related (and unrelated) street, sidewalk, and sewer tie-in upgrades. My office workspace – and my desk – is in an open-concept environment (and is located across the street from where I live). 🙂 I did voice this in the forum (but never really got a response to that; perhaps it’s unanswerable). But the larger problem, as I see it, is in creating original, compelling, and valuable – and unique – content, especially as a Realtor. It’s one thing to create funny 15-second spots around some of the universal complaints heard from consumers, regarding real estate Agents. It’s another thing entirely to create and deliver content that is both compelling and informative – and objectively valuable – that would drive prospective business to my iPhone, and to do so without “giving away the store” so to speak. Many north Americans already feel that they are experts (on virtually any subject, from medicine to politics to real estate) based upon their consumption of mass-media in general, and internet access in particular, when in fact they don’t want to be bothered with the minutae of (for example) real estate law, fiduciary responsibility, disclosure and liability, contract management, or the process (in California, at least) of Title and Escrow. And if they were, they can already get enough information about those subjects (enough info at least, taken out of context, to be dangerous) from a myriad of other resources. So I’m stuck, primarily, at how to create something genuinely new, genuinely valuable, that would genuinely compel prospective Buyers and Sellers to decide – certainly, and finally – to work with me (versus, say, their niece, sister-in-law, or the cute young guy with the killer smile)? Sorry that, after all this verbiage, I can’t offer any real advice. But I do feel your pain. I’m stuck where I’ve been for the last 3 months (while still living from commission check, to commission check). If you experience a breakthough, please share it. Thanks. Wishing you all the best.

Dale

p.s. I had a bear of a time with the Hero Story also – which I’m still not satisfied with – and after I finally finished it, and formatted it (with images), and posted it to LinkedIn – I discovered that within 48 hours, for whatever reason, all of the pix (except the banner) had been removed. I think 8 people have actually clicked on it, since July. >sigh<

Viewing 10 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.