Dashboard Forums High End Client Program LinkedIn – “4-Question” Reviews Trojan Horse Questions – review

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by n d 5 years ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Wendy Strain
      Participant
        @wendystrain@gmail.com

Here goes my first attempt:

1. Great to connect. What’s your current core business?
        2. What’s your unique market position (how are you standing out from other coaches in your space)?
        3. (Appropriate response to their response here – Fantastic, You’re right, it can be hard, etc) Do you feel that being able to communicate your unique market position more effectively could help your overall bottom line revenue?
        4. Would you have time this week to get on a quick, 15-minute phone call to brainstorm some ideas?

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @wendy-strain, this is a really great start to your Trojan Horse questions! I want to fine-tune it a little bit more so we get you the most responses.

Add their name in Q1 so it feels personalized.

Q1: Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business?

In my opinion, saying “unique market position” is somewhat of a difficult question to answer right off the bat. We want to build rapport with potential clients and in addition to that, we have found that asking a yes or no question has been most effectlive. So, you could consider your second question being:

Q2: Perfect. What’s your main focus this year?
          Q2: Fantastic. Are you planning/wanting to grow in 2019?
          Q2: Do you feel you are standing out from other coaches in your space?

Question 3 could also be tweaked. Here is an example of a better question you could use:

Q3: Love it! I have a couple of awesome strategies that are perfect for you! What are a couple of time windows you have available to chat?
          Q3: That’s great! Let’s chat for a few minutes. I have a fairly big network that may benefit you.

For your final question, I don’t like “brainstorm some ideas” – you want to remain alpha and be the person with a plan for them because they could brainstorm on their own.

Here’s how you could get them on the phone with you:

Q4: Fantastic. What are a few time windows that you have available tomorrow to chat? 

2pm works. What’s your mobile?

I hope this helps you. There’s a great video called “4 questions” or “Trojan Horse Questions” in the Transformational Business Strategy module that would greatly benefit you – consider watching!

Wendy Strain
          Participant
            @wendystrain@gmail.com

Thanks so much! I wasn’t terribly happy with Q2 either, which automatically made Q3 problemmatic. Appreciate the help! Here are the questions I liked – do they need more tweaking?

Q1: Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business?

Q2: Fantastic. Are you planning/wanting to grow in 2019?

Q3: Love it! I have a couple of awesome strategies that are perfect for you! What are a couple of time windows you have available to chat?

Q4: Wonderful. 2pm works for me, too. What’s your mobile?

n d
            Keymaster
              @negeen@coredm.com

So glad we could tweak them to flow better – everything looks SUPER 🙂

You’re good to start connecting and sending out your Q1!! Woohoo!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.