Dashboard Forums High End Client Program LinkedIn – General Questions Testimonials Instead of Recommendations

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by n d 5 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Phil Ranger
      Participant
        @pranger@livsothebysrealtyca.com

I have 138 connections on LinkedIn, over 96% are competing Realtors, lenders, and people in related industries I won’t be contacting.  When LinkedIn became the big thing about 10-15 years ago all the agents in my area briefly connected with one another in an effort to look like we had been highly recommended in a number of related real estate areas of expertise, kind of a joke really.  I have no Recommendations in my LinkedIn Profile, but one testimonial in the “About” area.

Is it possible to substitute testimonials in the Recommendation area of the Profile?  These people have worked very closely with us as agents from as little as 30-45 days to over a year or more.  How can we as agents take advantage of these testimonials from past and current clients?  Negeen responded to me, but by her response, I must not have explained my initial question very well.  I have no LinkedIn connections with former real estate clients.

Thanks, Phil

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @phil-ranger, my apologies on that.

Based on this post and these questions, I want to make sure we are on the same page. You have majority of your connections being other realtors AKA competitors, correct?

I want to address this first:

When this is the case, it’s actually a good opportunity to take advantage of that.

@matt-barcus
           often recommends connecting with their connections:

• Once you are connected to another realtor, click on their profile
            – then, click on where you see their connections. For example, it could say “500+ connections”
            – click on that
            – you will then see ALL of their connections
            – (here is the golden nugget) you can start adding ALL of their connections and start sending them your Q1. Win/win.

Hope this answers your question and provides a helpful tool in taking advantage of all of your current connections. Don’t delete those connections. They are very useful!

To answer your question, yes, you can post in recommendations section for your testimonials!

Viewing 1 reply thread

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.