@rich@core1team.com

Please review my LI profile

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richsteffen/

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @rich-steffen

Nice job taking action on your profile!

You have a great profile photo. I’d like you to zoom in a bit more so we can clearly see your smiling face.

Your background photo is good as well. You have the option of sending it over to our graphic designer to really customize it for you (such as adding text, etc).

Lindsey@coredm.com

Headline:

This is the best piece of ‘real estate’ on your LinkedIn profile. Let’s really make it POP. How about something like this…

Want ______ WITHOUT ______?☆EXPERT _____ Helping Clients In [LOCATION]☆☞ Message Me!

Summary:

Your first 2 sentences of your summary are the MOST important.

How about you ask 3 POWERFUL pain point questions your clients struggle with.

What are their pain points? “Tired of _____” “Want _______ but CANT?” “Are you ______?” THEN, after you list pain points, say HOW you can help them and WHAT exactly you do to help them achieve that.

Also, your paragraphs are a bit chunky and need better organization. (check out the examples I provided and look at the format which you can copy)

COPY THE OUTLINE OF ONE OF THESE PROFILES – THIS WILL HELP:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-harris-aa0487119/
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcustexada/

You want to provide information that is:

Telling your readers WHO you work with, HOW you help them and WHY they should work with you. It’s nice to educate them but not throughout the entire profile.

Call To Action:

You need a better one!

If you’re READY for_________ then message me here on LinkedIn to see if we’re a good fit!

Please tag me in your revision 🙂

Rich Steffen
          Participant
            @rich@core1team.com

@negeen-dargahi

Quick clarification needed – my LI focus is to reach family practice (estate planners, bankruptcy and divorce) attorneys that can refer me to their clients. So in my Summary where I talk about who I serve, is it attorneys or their clients? And do I reference my list of testimonials that I have uploaded on my profile now?

n d
            Keymaster
              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @rich-steffen! Yes, you can absolutely do that. That section is similar to what Kent has in his own profile and letting your potential prospects know who you work with is beneficial.

As far as your testimonials go, uploading it as a file is a great idea!

You can also ad 1-2 ONE sentence liners in your profile, which is also what Kent has.

Good questions!

Kent’s profile –> https://www.linkedin.com/in/klittlejohn/

Rich Steffen
              Participant
                @rich@core1team.com

@negeen-dargahi

I am really struggling to come up with my Headline and keeping within the character limit. I think the issue is making it fit for a group, in my case family practice attorneys, and not the end client. Is there an agent in your program whose avatar is a referral source and not the end client that you could send me the link their LI page? In Lesson 3 – Video 2 Kent plays the recording of Ron, a Financial Planner, about how he has chosen to handle his Trojan Horse questions. That was very helpful. That kind of help for the Headline would be great. If I can get a Headline that works then the rest of the Profile Summary I can manage no problem.

n d
                Keymaster
                  @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @rich-steffen! Try not to overcomplicate this part of your profile and the program. You can always revise your headline as time goes by – Halle does this often!

Yes, here is Ron Wardell’s LI profile you can check out — > https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronaldwardell/

Lastly, consider filling in the blanks on this headline template below. We find it has the most success. The headline slot has a 120 character limit.

Want ______ WITHOUT ______?☆EXPERT _____ Helping Clients In [LOCATION]☆☞ Message Me!

Tag me in your revision!

Rich Steffen
                  Participant
                    @rich@core1team.com

@negeen-dargahi

Fair enough. Two questions, 1) when looking at anyone’s profile page there is number next to their name. Ron Wardell has a 2 next his name, but I have seen 3, 4 and in some cases no number at all. What does this number represent? 2) On the Q&A call last week Kent suggested that I have 4-5 avatars and only spend 1/2 of my time pursuing referral sources and the rest of the time pursuing my end client. So do I have a headline and summary to accommodate the different avatars? If so, does that mean I have more than one LI page?

n d
                    Keymaster
                      @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @rich-steffen:

1. The numbers next to your name are the level of degrees.

1st-degree – People you’re directly connected to because you have accepted their invitation to connect, or they have accepted your invitation. You’ll see a 1st-degree icon next to their name in search results and on their profile. You can contact them by sending a message on LinkedIn

2nd-degree – People who are connected to your 1st-degree connections. You’ll see a 2nd-degree icon next to their name in search results and on their profile. You can send them an invitation by clicking Connect or contact them through an InMail.

3rd-degree – People who are connected to your 2nd-degree connections. You’ll see a 3rd-degree icon next to their name in search results and on their profile. Being the 3rd degree makes it harder to send direct messages

2. For your LI summary, only focus on ONE avatar. This is so your potential lead doesn’t get confused by who you are talking to. The more direct, the better. You can always do what Kent did in his profile and put:

WHO I WORK WITH: ___, ________,_______

Hope this helps 🙂

Rich Steffen
                      Participant
                        @rich@core1team.com

@negeen-dargahi

WHAT I DO IN 29 WORDS OR LESS…

I protect YOUR MONEY, TIME and PEACE OF MIND by providing YOU with ANSWERS to your questions, OPTIONS to consider and SOLUTIONS that align with YOUR real estate goals.

Essentially…

I DISTILL the complexities of a real estate transaction down into SIMPLE and EASY to understand terms whether the transaction is TRADITIONAL or DISTRESSED in nature.

AND

I eliminate the STRESS by proactively discussing the details of every step of the process prior to it occurring.

WHO DO I WORK WITH? Traditional Sellers/Buyers, Attorneys – Divorce/Bankruptcy/Estate Planning, Financial Advisors, Distressed Homeowners

Want an example?

An elderly woman whose husband had passed away just 3 months earlier was referred to me by a lender after two other agents walked away. Her own medical condition did not allow her to stay in the home they had built so she had to sell. The challenge…home needed a work to find a buyer and just to break even on the sale.

How about this answer?

I can do this! I hired, scheduled and supervised all of the work we needed done to find a buyer for her home. She had an OFFER in 14 days that NETTED her $6500 after paying for the repairs!

“Rich was unbelievable!! He went up and beyond what a normal agent would do.  He was so sensitive and supportive to whatever situation I was facing. Rich was always on the mark. HE WAS MORE HELPFUL THAN A FAMILY MEMBER.”

Hearing those words was like getting paid for a second time.

See additional examples in the Client Testimonials attachment below and how each was “Protected” based on their individual circumstances.

What I do is different than most other realtors. I’ve BUILT and sold 2 other businesses, REHABBED 50+ homes, BOUGHT and SOLD properties in every way possible and successfully NEGOTIATED 700+ short sales. I understand that knowledge is POWER.

If YOU want an agent that has SUCCESSFULLY experienced the best and worst markets on record and provides YOU a broad array of real estate skill sets that are GUARANTEED to help YOU achieve the results you’re after while PRESERVING your peace of mind…

MESSAGE ME here on LinkedIn or call/text me at 816-560-8494!

n d
                        Keymaster
                          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @rich-steffen, a really great job on revising your summary! There are some tiny tweaks I’d like you to make before it goes live.

• Matt and Halle advise you to not make this too complex for the readers when it comes to your LinkedIn summary. One example would be to revise the following sentence:
                            • “SIMPLE and EASY to understand terms whether the transaction is TRADITIONAL or DISTRESSED in nature.”
                            • I would personally reword “distressed in nature” to something more obvious

Reword:

“The challenge…home needed a work to find a buyer and just to break even on the sale.”

^ can you fix this – looks like a typo? Are you trying to say that the home needed work done?

Reword:

“Hearing those words was like getting paid for a second time.”

^ this makes it seem you’re too focused on getting paid. Instead how about you say what Kent says:

“Those are words that I could hear every single day and it will add fuel to our already BLAZING HOT fire.”

OR

“Those are words that make me excited to work with my amazing clients!”

Something positive.

Everything else looks super! Nice work 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.