Dashboard Forums High End Client Program Hero Story Questions Please review my Story

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by n d 2 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hala Chalan
      Participant
        @halachalan@icloud.com

Hi @halle-eavelyn @negeen-dargahi @kent-littlejohn

Please review my story below:

How coming from a third world country was the best thing that happened to me!

This is a sad but interesting story about a girl from the Middle East that moving to the US has changed her destiny.

But I HAVE to warn you that it’s a real doozy.

So, strap in, and get ready to have your business reality challenged by someone who’s been there, done that AND got the t-shirt!

I am about to be 100% transparent with you…

Owning Several investment properties and maximizing their potential doesn’t happen by

Working Less

No Stress

No Pains

INDECISION AND NOT TAKING ACTION (QUICKLY)

No Failures

No RISK

And many more challenges that repel many.

It is my hope for you to take at least ONE THING that will help YOU make BIG POSITIVE CHANGES this upcoming year.

Let’s start this crazy journey…

I feel that it is important that I begin with my humble beginnings and move it to the present.

Understanding that ALL life’s “failures” and pains are truly blessings.

That is extremely important in order for me (and you) to optimize the present.

I come from a middle class-educated family… My dad was an engineer, and my mom was a college teacher. I was one of four children but being the second/middle child between two boys didn’t really make me a “girly girl”.

I learned at an early age that I must be tough and stand for my rights, otherwise they will walk all over me and pretend nothing happened. Girls my age were going crazy about Disney princesses, but I was only obsessed with Mulan. I wanted to be as courageous and brave as she was, and I’ve always pictured her when I go through challenges… She inspires me to make difficult life choices because they do lead to the best results.

My father was one of eight extraordinary brilliant children, they were doctors, engineers, and mathematicians. After graduating college top of their class, they were all offered all-paid-for scholarships to come to the States.

Most of my aunts and uncles gladly took the scholarships and moved to the stated in the late sixties-early seventies. They finished their education, got great jobs, settled, and raised their families here in the US.

My dad on the other hand refused to take the opportunity and stayed where he was… hoping that with his education, he will help build better communities for his country, but boy was he wrong.

It has always ached my heart that my cousins were fortunate to live here in the States, but my siblings and I were stuck in a third world country… I had no doubt in my mind that my dad’s intentions to stay over there were good, but it wasn’t easy to accept.

My parents were pretty strict, but deep in my heart I knew I was Daddy’s girl and I could get away with a little more than my siblings.

I grew up in a society where women don’t have much room to grow, they were looked at as “less” than a man. But that didn’t stop me from dreaming big, fighting society standards, and working my butt off to achieve those dreams.

I studied statistics in college and got a job as a teacher at an international elementary school. It only took me a few weeks to realize that I will never grow working for that school, not to mention the extremely low salary I was paid.

I came to the conclusion that being someone else’s employee will primarily benefit them, and the only way for me to grow in a such society is by being my own boss. So I started working as a private tutor teaching math and English for young kids struggling to understand the material through their school teacher.

It was the time when I felt such a rewarding pleasant feeling, not because I was making good money, it wasn’t nearly enough, but because I was making a positive change in somebody’s life.

It felt like I just found a purpose for my life, going from a student’s house to the other, helping them get back on track and get the best grades possible, then moving on to the next…

In 2006, I met my best friend’s brother who was visiting form the states. We got engaged and he brough me to the US with a fiancé visa. I moved to the States in 2007 and married Mike, the man I call my husband and my love until this day.

It was a dream come true to leave this third world country, and go to a country that I have always wanted to live in, and I would love for my kids to be born and raised there.

Mike owned a wholesale men’s clothing company and a few retail stores. I started working with him right away finding my passion to the fashion industry and continuing to apply my skills to help others… It felt amazing to see customers leave the store with a big smile and a genuine gratitude… Helping grooms, proms boys, or even someone getting ready for a job interview, fueled my little heart and brightened my day.

I was so lucky to have my parents move to the States in 2008 after obtaining their green cards from my grandmother. They chose to live in Chicago, as most of my dad’s family live there.

The United Stated have always seemed like Lala land for me during my young years, but it sure didn’t feel like it when I first moved. I was bullied for being a middle eastern and asked to go back home numerous times… I looked different, I spoke with an accent, I didn’t fit in from the very beginning, it was an extremely challenging time…

I am so lucky to have such a supportive husband, he stood by my side, strengthened me, and encouraged me to go back to school to be able to understand the different cultures this society is build on. And so I did.

As a child I was taught to never give up, respect everyone, but fear no one… I kept repeating these words in my head remembering Mulan and believing that I can model her courage.

It was right after my second child turned one, I went to school full time pursuing my Bachelor in Business/ Marketing and earning fashion design Certificate. I am so grateful for this country that I call home today for giving me such an incredible learning opportunity.

Going to school didn’t only help me overcome the challenge of being different, it expanded my horizon, and opened my eyes to the endless opportunities anyone can jump on.

My husband, Mike, has been into real estate investments for several years and he had made a few successful investments… so I thought why not earn my salesperson’s license and start helping others…

In August 2018 I received the most devastating news… My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, and I was in a complete shock. I started flying back and forth to Chicago every week to spend time with him, take him to his chemo treatments, and show him some love… But he left this world very quickly, I received a call on October 14<sup>th</sup> 2018 notifying me of his death. Only two months and he was gone, he was only 65 and I still can not believe it until today.

The death of my beloved father was by far the most painful experience I have ever had. I only learned the true meaning of death when he passed away… I went into depression for several months, and struggled to go back to reality…

Here comes my amazing husband again, his love and support were the bridge that brought me back to reality… I do not know what would’ve happened to me if it wasn’t for him.

As devastated as I was after my dad’s passing, some important life lessons were brought to my attention:

• Life is too short, tell the people you love how much you love them, spend time with them because nobody knows when they leave.
        • Utilize all your skills- especially when helping others- because they don’t exist once you leave this world.
        • Give as much as you can because once you go you don’t take anything with you.

After spending a few months recovering from grieve, I came back to work strong… I came back with a different vision; I only have a limited time I’d better help as many people as I can find their investment properties. And so I did.

Friends and friends of friends started reaching out to me seeking my advise through their investment process. It felt so good being able to find them what they’re looking for, and help them maximize their profits out of each investment.

I am unbelievably lucky to be here in the States, and I will be thrilled to help anyone through the process of finding the perfect investment property that fits their budget and maximizes their profit.

I’d love to help you with your next investment property transaction. Call or message me to see if we could be a good fit. 949.484.8180.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @hala-chalan, wonderful job taking action on your Hero Story!

Because Halle only reviews your hero story once, please make sure it is fully ready to go.

If so, please email it as an attachment to Halle:

Halle@coredm.com

Viewing 1 reply thread

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.