Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Charley Kyd
      Participant
        @kyd@exceluser.com

@negeen-dargahi

@matt-barcus

Please review my profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/charley-kyd/

***NOTE: This is being posted by Matt Barcus – I logged in as Charley to test posting this again after making a change to some settings that updated with a software upgrade last week.

Charley Kyd
        Participant
          @kyd@exceluser.com

@matt-barcus — Thanks!

@negeen-dargahi — Please review my profile!

n d
          Keymaster
            @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @charley-kyd – so glad Matt could help you with posting and that it’s all figured out now! Below is my feedback on your profile:

Your current profile photo is quite blurry but a good photo. Do you have a better photo that is of high quality? If so, please use that. If you email it to our graphic designer, Lindsey, ask her to add a white background for you. This will help your photo look more professional.

I don’t like your background photo very much. It’s SUPER busy with lots happening! I’d also like you to email Lindsey, and tell her a little about your field of business and she can create something better!

Lindsey@coredm.com

Headline (words under name):

What you have is good but what is VBA? Anytime you shorten a word, we want you to think, would someone immedietly know what that stands for?? If not, please write it out. Here is a template you can fill in:

Want _______ WITHOUT Stress?☆EXPERT _____ Helping Clients __________☆☞ Message Me!

About section:

Again, write out VBA.

Take out “I can help. Just message me.” from the middle of your sales letter. Call to actions belong at the end.

I would like you to look at Kent’s profile and try to mimic his outline and structure.

A lot of this is about you and your credentials but you want to keep it about them and HOW you can help them.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/klittlejohn/

^ if you need to copy Kent’s outline and add your own content to it, you’re welcome to!

Good call to action!

Please tag me after you make the necessary revisions!

Charley Kyd
            Participant
              @kyd@exceluser.com

@negeen-dargahi

I’ve made several changes to my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charley-kyd/

…I simplified the banner.

…I changed the photo. If you think it’s still fuzzy, then I have a fuzzy face.

…I’ve rewritten the About.

…But I’ve NOT changed VBA. Anyone who doesn’t know what VBA means isn’t a prospect, and they don’t matter.

Your thoughts?

Charley

n d
              Keymaster
                @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @charley-kyd, you did a really nice job taking action and making those revisions!

I personally would like you to still email Lindsey about your background image. Even just seeing what she creates for you will allow you to choose between yours or hers. Two options for banner images. What you have just doesn’t look nice. It is VERY busy and not clean.

Your profile photo looks great!! Please send that photo to Lindsey as well and ask her to add a white background for you. When she sends it back, zoom in a little so we can see more of your face.

Lindsey@coredm.com

Headline looks good!

About section:

This looks good!! Nice work 🙂

Charley Kyd
                Participant
                  @kyd@exceluser.com

Negeen,

Please check out my 30-second video, which actually is a little more 90 seconds: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charley-kyd/

Technically, I created the video with PowerPoint 365 and Camtasia 19.

I did check with Lindsey last week, and I incorporated some of her ideas in my current version.

In my photo, the books work for me. Many people in business will recognize some of them. I’m going to leave it the way it is.

Thanks.

Charley

Charley Kyd
                  Participant
                    @kyd@exceluser.com

@negeen-dargahi I forgot the tag. See my previous message.

Charley

n d
                    Keymaster
                      @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @charley-kyd!

Your infomercial looks good – very informative!

In regards to Lindsey – I don’t see your new background image that she made on your LinkedIn profile.

Let me know and i’ll take a look.

Charley Kyd
                      Participant
                        @kyd@exceluser.com

She made a banner two weeks ago or so. But I’ve changed it significantly since then. I did, however, use some of her design ideas.

I took that approach for three reasons. First, the center of attention with her design was my last name, which my new prospects don’t care about. Instead, they care about what I can do for THEM.

Second, I want my banner to tell a story, which her’s didn’t. There was no graphic verb in her design.

Third, I want to be able to modify the banner as necessary in the future. But I can’t do that with a static image.

As a consequence, I used Excel to create the banner, using Google fonts to approximately match the fonts that she used–except that I avoided the stylized font she used for my last name. Then I copied the image into Snagit so I could save it as a jpg on my hard drive, from which I loaded it into LinkedIn.

Attachments:

Charley Kyd
                        Participant
                          @kyd@exceluser.com

(I didn’t realize that when I add an image that my message is also posted.)

The point of my image is that Excel gives us fairly strong graphics design capabilities, as I illustrate with the two cartoons that I created back in 2007.

Charley

Viewing 9 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.