17 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Leigh Ann Arthur 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Halle Eavelyn
        @halle@coredm.com

Mindset Call TODAY and every WEDNESDAY 5PM EST
        Bring your 🧠 ❤
        https://zoom.us/j/7099495740

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Halle Eavelyn.

Su Swanne
        Participant
          @suswanne@therealestatepage.house

Hope to get to the Mindset call on Wednesday. Got an email that let me know you guys are watching me. I

haven’t been doing the “program” much in the last couple of weeks. Starting over feels like I lost a lot of momentum.

Lots of other things going on:

• Last week a two-day class in another city for advancing my career, with lots of follow-up work to do.
          • Tomorrow, I have second cataract surgery, so will be out of commission a few days.
          • On Saturday my “best friend”advised me that, after saying for months she would list her house with me, she actually listed with someone else. Now I’m dealing with the sting.
          • Need to pay taxes, increasing credit card debt substantially.

Trying to keep a positive attitude. Still meeting people I’ve contacted on LinkedIn, and following

up on those who have responded to me as a connection. It feels like trying to eat two elephants at the same time!!!

Jeff Pierson
          Participant
            @piersonj@realtor.com

Hang in there Susan. Sorry to hear about the friend who did not deliver on a promise. We’ve all been through it and it does sting. Right now I’m dealing with past clients who said “You Bet”, when I asked them to do a brief testimonial letter about their experience working with me. But nothing is forthcoming. And how do you remind without bugging them about a favor they said they would do but, haven’t.

HECProgram Admin
            Keymaster
              @hecpadmin

@halle-eavelyn Is the Zoom link the same every Wednesday?

Jennifer Martin
                @jennifer@coredm.com

Mindset Call TODAY 5 PM EST – Today I’ll be filling in for Halle Eavelyn – Bring your questions and challenges and we’ll work through them together – https://zoom.us/j/7099495740

Halle Eavelyn
                  @halle@coredm.com

@jeffrey-pierson, don’t be afraid to ask for those testimonials again – people get BUSY and they don’t mean to neglect you!  It may help to write copy for them – or at least to ask if you could put together a couple sentences for them to review and edit. Right, @kent-littlejohn and @matt-barcus??

@susan-swanne
                  , HANG in there!!  Remember my video about When a Client Leaves? Same thing with a lead – NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!!  2 opportunities here: 1) Recognize that she might have been a NIGHTMARE for you – this is the Universe’s way of protecting your friendship – maybe this was NOT the best choice and there’s no way you could have known that!  Close relationships can really mess up business relationships.  Stay her friend, and don’t let $$ get between you.  2) ASK: What else could I have done to close her (in case your kind allowing her to take her time caused her to let someone else close her)? What lesson could there be here for you for next time when a potential client is taking a long time? For example, could you offer a CMA after the first 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later talk about another house that’s come on the market in the area, or one that closed, etc? In other words, to keep positioning yourself as an expert.  This is ENTIRELY separate from opportunity 1, above – I think that overrides it in this case 🙂

Bring this issue to the next MINDSET coaching call and let’s walk through it if you need more help!

Halle Eavelyn
                    @halle@coredm.com

@alison-liddic , YES!  The call info is the same EVERY week – it’s a ZOOM link because we want folks on video if possible.  When @jennifer-martin or @diane-hansen take those calls for me, they will log in to MY meeting room to avoid confusion with clients.  That info is:

OR call +14086380968,,7099495740# or +16468769923,,7099495740#

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Halle Eavelyn.

Dale Swanson
                    Participant
                      @daleswanson@bhhscaproperties.com

Right now, I’m stuck on the Infomercial (in Module 3). Some time ago, I went through the process of writing, posting, and re-writing the Infomercial script (in the old HECP platform), rehearsing and editing it, trying to get it down to 60 seconds, and incorporating the advice to address only one specific audience at at a time (in my cases, Home Buyers vs. Home Sellers, so I created two versions).

But for all the work, and the valuable input, when I took it to our in-house I.T. person towards creating the video, he did his best to tactfully convey that the script felt stiff, stilted, and (for me, worst of all) generic: a very stock Realtor self-promo. He showed me a couple of other Agent self-promos: very professional, very expensive, and also rather typical. He also showed me the humorous Realtor.com commercial spots, with (actress) Elizabeth Banks.

Over the course of a couple extended discussions, the suggestion was made that I utilize my own dry sense of humor, in counterpoint (or compliment) to my typically stoic expression (a la J.K. Simmons, Farmer’s Insurance). I was inspired (within about 45 minutes) to come up with 9 or 10 short-burst (under 30-second) ideas, with a simple structure: 1) me, talking head. I ask a pain-point question. cut to: 2) me, in an illustrative setting. cut back to: 3) me, talking head. Call to action. 4) cut to: logo, contact info.

Example: White background. Talking head. “Seen a property online with an eye-popping low price?” Cut to: Standing near I-10 during a windstorm, wind turbines in the background. Cut back to: White background, talking head. “Call me.” Cut to: Logo, contact).

I’m far more excited about these (although I realize that they are commercials, rather than infomercials). The sticking point (with some, but not all, of these spots) would be securing either locations (and or, in some cases, background extras). However, I very deeply don’t want to generate yet another stock, generic, amateur smartphone Realtor video, with my name and face on it, and launch it into the social media universe.

So, at this moment, I am seeking advice. Thanks in advance.

Halle Eavelyn
                        @halle@coredm.com

@dale-swanson, please MOVE this post (copy/paste/delete) to the Support Forum for INFOMERCIALS so we can address your concern and get you some advice – here, no other clients in the group will see it.  THANK YOU!!
                        Halle

Dale Swanson
                        Participant
                          @daleswanson@bhhscaproperties.com

Thanks, Halle. I just copied and pasted (the above) to the INFOMERCIAL support forum, as advised.

Laura Barker
                          Participant
                            @laura@premiersolutionsintl.com

@halle-eavelyn GREAT CALL TODAY! I have posted my goal in my office and will visualize it at least once a day! Additionally, I have shared it w/ my two agents who will be working the fair with me on the 10th!  I tried to attach my focus sheet for you to review.  The program wouldn’t allow me to attach either a word doc or a pdf.  What kind of attachments are allowed?

Enjoy Tuscany! (as if there is even a chance you wouldn’t! Ha!)

Laura Barker
                            Participant
                              @laura@premiersolutionsintl.com

@jennifer-martin @diane-hansen Hi ladies! I wasn’t sure who is filling in for Halle so I thought I would just tag both of you 🙂

My niece’s graduation is today so I cannot be on today’s mindset call 🙁

I could really use the support, however.  I have had a medical setback that I really need help with to make sure I can continue working! Is it possible to do a breakout room on Thursday’s Live coaching call?  Thanks!

Bring your 🧠 ❤

Jennifer Martin
                                @jennifer@coredm.com

Hi @laura-barker This is Jennifer. Soooo sorry to hear about the little setback AND I’m thrilled you leaned into us for support. @Diane is on the Wednesday Mindset today and I’ll be at the Thursday call tomorrow. So YES!!!! Please come and we’ll get to Mindset tomorrow.

Angela McCants
                                Participant
                                  @mccants10@gmail.com

Bring your 🧠 ❤

It looks like I’m an hour late – didn’t notice the “Eastern” time.  Hope to get the hang of this soon!

Angela

David Turner
                                  Participant
                                    @david@tax.co.nz

Great Session today @halle-eavelyn, guys. My apologies if I appear to have been distant recently. My parents have been going through a tough time trying to sell their home/retirement/cancer/move to Australia which has been a bit of a drain recently for me.

Lily Rosenfield
                                    Participant
                                      @Lilyrosenfield@keyes.com

@halle-eavelyn

Could you repeat the name and author of the book you will begin to speak about on the Mindset call and the pdf.  Thank you.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lily-rosenfield-41999981

Halle Eavelyn
                                        @halle@coredm.com

@david-turner, sending you good thoughts and glad you’re back as much as you can be!

@lily-rosenfield, the book is Wallace Wattles’s The Science of Getting Rich.  You can download the PDF or buy the book or listen to it on Audible. Here’s the PDF link:
                                        http://www.thesecret.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/The-Science-of-Getting-Rich.pdf

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                        Participant
                                          @leighann@laainternational.com

I saw this today on Twitter and thought it a good one to share here – use it when / if you’d like:

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” —Alvin Toffler

Viewing 17 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.