Dashboard Forums High End Client Program Accountability MAY ACCOUNTABILITY – And the elements of MOMENTUM!

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Diane Hansen
        @diane@coredm.com

I was inspired to write this post based on an accountability forum conversation I was having today.

What is momentum? If you remember back to grade school science class, an object in motion tends to stay in motion until something stops it. That IT in the case of business momentum is YOU. There are four elements this program teaches that create momentum. Do one, you are doing better. Do all four and keep your mindset in line, you are UNSTOPPABLE!

Element #1: Focus

The reason why we have you start with your ideal client and aligning your business benefits (value) to them is simple. Without it, you have no focus. Without it, you are screaming a message from a hilltop at a city that may contain 1,000 members of your target audience. But, because you aren’t speaking TO those people directly, the scream from the hilltops falls onto deaf ears. It’s demotivating. The battle is lost with the first battle cry simply because the soldiers can’t hear your call to action. Time to focus!

Element #2: Massive Imperfect Action

An object in motion stays in motion and you stay in motion too as long as you are taking action. That is why we have this accountability forum. We want to support you in how you are taking action day to day (not just every once in awhile). When you get out of the overthinking, the how, the cycle of perfection – you will see the impact from the action you are taking. Imagine this. Imagine you are driving somewhere, anywhere, and you keep second guessing the route. Or, before you drive, you have to make sure your car is in pristine condition. Or maybe you have to be in pristine condition so you open the driver’s manual, do your hair, check your teeth, decide you need to lose 10 pounds, and therefore you NEVER GET IN THE CAR! You might laugh but those of you struggling to see results right now might be doing exactly that with this program. Just drive.

Element #3: Celebration

What you focus on increases. There’s a reason why we celebrate every week, in a group setting, on the Live Q&A calls. It’s because it’s powerful! Start celebrating every day, even little things, and I swear in a short amount of time you will swear you are magical. Because you ARE!!!! Those who struggle the most in life are really great about anticipating what will go wrong. Guess what? It does! Why? Because that’s where ALL their energy is going. They are literally celebrating “not enough” by telling themselves daily it’s not enough. Lack of celebration is like praying for what you don’t want. Get into the habit of celebrating 3 times a day. This doesn’t have to be a party. An atta guy or gal is great too. I celebrate when I don’t hit my snooze alarm! Focus on the good, you get more good. It’s that simple.

Element #4: Consistency

All three of the previous elements must be practiced consistently. Let’s go back to the driving example. Have you ever tried to go somewhere with one foot on the gas and the other on the brake? It doesn’t work too well, does it? Well that’s what inconsistency looks like. You are go go go and then stop. And then go. And then stop. You win a little and then you stop. Keep going! Keep consistent. What does this look like in the program? It looks like one hour a day during the week doing the work of the program, 20 hours a month. Keep it consistent. This is not a race. It’s like the tortoise and the hare. Sure the hare was fast. But he wasn’t consistent – and he didn’t win.

Just in case you forgot the moral of that fable…

The hare is very confident of winning, so it stops during the race and falls asleep. The tortoise continues to move very slowly but without stopping and finally it wins the race. The moral lesson of the story is that you can be more successful by doing things slowly and steadily than by acting quickly and carelessly.

CONSISTENCY!

These four elements as a whole are my theme for May for this forum.

Four questions

Four elements

How are using the HECP Rule of FOUR this week? Comment below.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Diane Hansen.
        • This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Diane Hansen.
    Viewing 0 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.