Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Cindy Russo
      Participant
        @cindyrussorealtor@gmail.com
        1. I use to have old jobs on my LinkedIn.  For instance I managed a band so a lot of people tried to connect with me.  I took that off to be focused on Real Estate should I have kept that on there for more possible connections?
        2. Kent said to go through your connections and start to do the questions.  Many of them I know personally so I know the answers, many are other real estate agents, or people I use to work with.  I don’t want to assume anything but I am assuming I pass them?
        3. Many connection opportunities LinkedIn shows me are for a state I use to live in, should I bother connecting since I’m a realtor in CA and I use to live in NJ?
        4. Or someone like a lender could be a good connection for me, since I know they are a lender do you skip to question 2 and I wouldn’t necessarily try to connect with them to sell them a house, but they might have leads of someone looking to buy, so what questions would I ask or would that be in the phone call?
        5. When someone send me a connection request and in the message they are trying to sell me something like leads or a new website, should I still accept their invitation and do the 4 questions?
        6. LinkedIn offers me people to follow?  What does following mean and should I do it? Some look like they may be in my geographic area.
        7. Also, on this forum to I # or just leave it blank for anyone to answer?

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @cindy-russo:

1. You could if you’d like! It’s your preference if you want to use them as connections. It wont hurt!
          2. We’ve had clients that say “Great to have been connected [NAME]! What’s been your focus for this year?” Or, if they’re a competitor, you can skip.
          3. Sure! A connection in another state could lead you to a referral – it wont hurt.
          4. You would qualify on the phone call. Use the questions as a simple way to build rapport.
          5. Sure! It wont hurt – but you dont have to.
          6. It’s likely they’re targeting people in your area – you can accept them!
          7. We reply in 48 hours 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.