18 replies, 2 voices Last updated by n d 5 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Gae Callaway
      Participant
        @gaelord@gmail.com

Need to have my profile reviewed, please.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/gae-callaway-a863a6/  Gae Callaway.    Hope this goes.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @gae-callaway! Nice job posting in the correct forum and taking action! Below is my feedback:

This is your actual link to your profile (the one above did not work so I just searched you):

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gae-callaway-a863a86/

Great profile photo! Can you email, Lindsey, our graphic designer and have her add a white background to your profile photo?

Lindsey@coredm.com

You also need a background photo (the rectangular blue space behind your profile photo). I want you to email our graphic designer and tell her a little about your field of business and she can create something for you to use!

Headline (words under your name):

This is the best piece of ‘real estate’ on your LinkedIn profile. Let’s really make it POP.

How about filling out something like this…

Want ______ WITHOUT ______?☆EXPERT _____ Helping Clients In [LOCATION]☆☞ Message Me!

Summary:

Your first 2 sentences of your summary are the MOST important.

How about you ask 3 POWERFUL pain point questions your clients struggle with.

What are their pain points? “Tired of _____” “Want _______ but CANT?” “Are you ______?”

THEN, after you list pain points, say HOW you can help them and WHAT exactly you do to help them achieve that.

Also, your paragraphs are a bit chunky and need better organization. (check out the examples I provided and look at the format which you can copy)

I know the examples are not exactly within your field of business, but copy their outline and add in your own information to it:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-harris-aa0487119/
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcustexada/

You want to provide information that is:

Telling your readers WHO you work with, HOW you help them and WHY they should work with you.

Call To Action:

You need one!

If you’re ready for _______ then message me here on LinkedIn to see if we’re a good fit!

Please tag me in your revision!

Gae Callaway
          Participant
            @gaelord@gmail.com

Just where do I go to add more on the summary?  I have added on summary and then on a description and now I can’t find either.  My cover pix is now done.  Lindsey worked really hard to get that right!  That is what I said about adding more.  Seems your remarks are for things in the past.  Help. Gae

n d
            Keymaster
              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @gae-callaway, here’s how to edit your summary:

• go to LinkedIn.com
              • click on ‘me’ at the top right hand corner where you see your picture
              • click ‘view profile’
              • once you’re on your LinkedIn page, click on the pen icon to the right side of your name
              • a new window will appear, which will allow you to make changes to:
                • your profile photo
                • background
                • headline
                • AND summary (if you scroll down more)
              • what you put in your summary is your sales letter – review my feedback (which is still accurate) and apply the necessary changes. Refer to the examples.
              • Click apply + save once done

Gae Callaway
              Participant
                @gaelord@gmail.com

I had trouble finding the summary and then finding what I knew I had already written, but did locate it.  Gae

n d
                  Keymaster
                    @negeen@coredm.com

@gae-callaway, good to hear!

It is very difficult to steer you in the right direction through text.

I highly recommend you come to one of my technical orientation calls so I can walk you through the program so you have an easier time navigating…

I have them on Mondays at 11am EST and Wednesdays at 6pm EST

Just come from your computer and click on this link below at the allotted time:

https://zoom.us/j/4496238008

Gae Callaway
                  Participant
                    @gaelord@gmail.com

I  changed the summary, does it now work?

n d
                    Keymaster
                      @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @gae-callaway, it does not.

All I see in your summary spot is:

“Want legal services for your business and your employees without BREAKING THE BANK? Helping you be financially secure, that is what I do!”

That is not enough.

PLEASE come to my orientation call next week!! (information is written above)

This is ABSOLUTELY necessary, Gae, so we can get you on the right path!

Gae Callaway
                      Participant
                        @gaelord@gmail.com

Maybe we are calling it two different things.  What do you call what shows up, the 2 lines?  I have written more,  I think it is on experience.

Gae Callaway
                        Participant
                          @gaelord@gmail.com

There are things called bio and then base, what has that to do with where you put summary?

Gae Callaway
                          Participant
                            @gaelord@gmail.com

Somewhere I wrote this:

Need legal help without breaking your bank?  Want to be worry free & with peace of mind?

I help with financial & marketing concerns for small business.  Life insurance and your will

are the last love letters for your family.  It really is painless to start.

My passion is to help people connect to resources, ideas, and people to become successful.

I have started several networking groups and have created two different women’s scholarships.

Helping you be financially secure is what I do in various ways.  That is done for both individuals, families, and small business.  I love to see you make connections that help your business whether it is just for you as the Owner or for your employees.

My background has been as a captive agent & manager for MetLife, an Independent Agent for I C Brokerage, then Agency Owner for I C Brokers.  I am now back to being a self-employed agent and an Associate with LegalShield

Message me,  or call me at 361 442 4592 or email gaelord@gmail.com

Gae Callaway
                            Participant
                              @gaelord@gmail.com

@negeen-dargahi  On  11-16 on notifications,  I wrote something that I thought should put on summary.  Were you able to read it?  Gae

Gae Callaway
                              Participant
                                @gaelord@gmail.com

@negeen-dargahi   I put the above on the bio part of my profile.  Does that work? Gae

n d
                                  Keymaster
                                    @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @gae-callaway, I’m not seeing it.

Please read this carefully – I really want you to succeed in the program, but I see that there is a LOT of confusion on your end on how to navigate LinkedIn and maybe the program. I want to get you on the right page and it is very difficult via the program forum. Can you please come to my technical orientation call?? This is required! 

It is every Monday at 11am EST and Wednesdays 6pm EST

CLICK ON THIS LINK AT THE ALLOTTED TIME —> https://zoom.us/j/4496238008

Gae Callaway
                                  Participant
                                    @gaelord@gmail.com

@negeen-dargahi  I did find the summary and rewrote it.  Did you still not find it? Gae

Gae Callaway
                                    Participant
                                      @gaelord@gmail.com

@negeen-dargahi  What I wrote is right above on 11 16 3:59 pm.  For you to review. Gae

n d
                                      Keymaster
                                        @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @gae-callaway, is this your LinkedIn profile??

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gae-callaway-a863a86/

What I’m seeing is your summary, and this is all you have written there:

“Want legal services for your business and your employees without BREAKING THE BANK? Helping you be financially secure, that is what I do!”

Take a look at Kent’s profile, below. Yours needs to look like that:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/klittlejohn/

Gae Callaway
                                        Participant
                                          @gaelord@gmail.com

@negeen-dargahi  Negeen,  His doesn’t really help me.  May I see someones that do a more service type business?  I do Legal services and insurance, as in life and annuities.  Thanks, for your help.  Gae

n d
                                            Keymaster
                                              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @gae-callaway, I’d like to hop on the phone either Monday or Wednesday to assist you.

Can you make it to one of my zoom calls so I can walk you through your profile accelerator?

Viewing 15 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.