3 voices, 1 reply
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

James Blakemore
      Participant
        @james@jamesblakemore.com

@kent-littlejohn, I have just finished your video in Module 1, Lesson 4. There doesn’t seem to be a subject line in the LinkedIn message any more. Do we just put everything in the message body? What if their profile tells you what their business is. Doesn’t it seem a little redundant to ask them again? Also, many of my connections are people I connected through friendship and associations, and I know their businesses, and that they have nothing to do with the business at hand. Lastly, what if they won’t give you their cell number? Nobody gets my cell number without us being closely connected first, and they need to reach me on a 24/7 basis.

James

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @james-blakemore, below are the answers to your questions:

1. So, unfortunately, LinkedIn is often changing aspects of their platform. In this case, they removed the subject line. What you will now do is just send your Q1. “Great to connect [NAME], what’s your core business?” and that’s it.
          2. Yes, you will put Q1 in the message body.
          3. We get this question a lot. Remember that while it may seem obvious what their business is, you are building rapport and that is the point of the 4 questions. Please watch “4 Questions” video by Halle in the Transformational Business Strategy Module.
          4. If you run into family and friends, say: “Hi [NAME]! What’s your core focus for 2020” if you choose to reach out to them. If not, just stick to your original Q1.
          5. You’re going to be connecting with 30-50+ people a day. If one doesn’t give you their number, please move forward with someone else.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 1 reply thread

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.