7 voices, 17 replies
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Mike Merriweather
      Participant
        @mikemerriweatherrealty@gmail.com

Hi Negeen,

I started the next lesson about how to start messaging my connections on LINKEDIN, but since I just re-established my LINKEDIN account, I have no connections.  A list of people show up on there with the “Connect” button.  Should I first select the “Connect” button to establish connections and see if they respond, then start with the messaging?

Thank you!

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

No worries, @mike-merriweather! Start connecting with as many people as you can daily and start sending out Q1 alongside those!

Mike Merriweather
          Participant
            @mikemerriweatherrealty@gmail.com

Got it!

Thank you!

Marc Lewyn
            Participant
              @marclewyn1@gmail.com

Simple question re connections:

Listened to Kent module on reaching out to connections:

went to my LinkedIn, clicked on Message , saw no way I could enter anything on a subject line

Thanks!

Marc Lewyn
              Participant
                @marclewyn1@gmail.com

Hi – someone named Michael connected with me today, and I received the following message along with his Connection Request:

(1) CONFIRM YOU KNOW MICHAEL

(2) HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO RESPOND?

Seems the barrier to connecting is way higher than it used to me?  Maybe I somehow selected these?  Or Michael?     Any strategy around this – seems that the we now have to deal with what is basically an opt in system….

thanks

n d
                  Keymaster
                    @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @marc-lewyn-2!

Just saw your question above – there are no longer subject lines in messages.

Also, there could be a chance that you are reaching out to a 3rd connection (which is harder to reach out to) — is this a 1st or 2nd connection? Let me know because that could be the reason!

Great work connecting and reaching out!!

judy cooper cooper
                  Participant
                    @judy@streetbizinc.com

I just listened to the current connection video. I went to my connections and saw that the majority of my connections are not part of my target market. So is there any point to connect with these types of connections? Also, how do I go about locating my target market?

Judy

n d
                      Keymaster
                        @negeen@coredm.com

Absolutely, @judy-cooper! Connect with anyone and everyone (even your competitors) because once you are connected with someone… you can see THEIR connections and add them!

judy cooper cooper
                      Participant
                        @judy@streetbizinc.com

ok. great! I will!

Judy

Remy Boots
                        Participant
                          @zijacoach@yahoo.com

I just watched the LinkedIn connection engagement video.  Why would I ask “What’s your business?”  when it states what they do on their profile?  Seems to me that it makes me look like I didn’t read anything about them.  Seems to me like if gym owner I would ask “how’s business going?”

n d
                            Keymaster
                              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @remy-boots, good question! The 4 questions are a fun way to create a dialogue with someone and to ultimately get them on the phone with you.

Please watch the 4 QUESTIONS video in the Transformational Business Strategy module (bottom middle module on your MAIN DASHBOARD – turquoise with a bullseye) the video index is to the right of the video window, in alphabetical order.

^ this will be helpful in better explaining the 4 questions and the reasons for them.

Remy Boots
                            Participant
                              @zijacoach@yahoo.com

Ok let’s try this again

1. What’s your core business for 2018?
                              2. Are you making enough money with your current business?
                              3. If I could show you a way to increase your income with less stress, would you be interested?
                              4. Great!  What are some good times to chat, what’s your mobile number?

n d
                                Keymaster
                                  @negeen@coredm.com

@kent-littlejohn thoughts on @remy-boots 4 questions above?? cc: @halle-eavelyn

Great start, Remy!

Q2 needs work.

How about asking a yes or no question like:

“Perfect! Would you like to increase your current income?”

Q3 could also be: 3) Love that! If I had a few simple strategies that would help you accomplish that, would you like me to share those with you?

Let me know what you think!

Cara Conde
                                Participant
                                  @caraconde@yahoo.com

I read in the Getting Started module that I should make 17-23 connections per day. Am I supposed to do this even if my profile is not updated yet? I am still working on Module 1 (Mindset & Momentum). I have not finished my client avatar nor have I completed the Profile Accelerator. @negeen-dargahi

Halle Eavelyn
                                    @halle@coredm.com

@cara-conde, just wait until you’ve updated your profile, since you will be done with that shortly.  It’s not a big deal so long as right after that you start CONNECTING DAILY!!!

Cara Conde
                                    Participant
                                      @caraconde@yahoo.com

Thanks, @halle-eavelyn. I am overwhelmed and have been stuck in Module 1 for 2 weeks now. I did watch your “Getting Out of Overwhelm” but there is just too much whirlwind around me right now.

Halle Eavelyn
                                        @halle@coredm.com

@cara-conde, please don’t let your old ways of working stop you.  It’s time to learn new methods!  The whirlwind NEVER STOPS – it is your approach that must change.  So…

Watch these videos, which are much more about how to restructure your work life (the Overwhelm video is basically, don’t be scared of the newness of this platform, whereas it sounds like your stuff is deeper than that)

Time Management

The Empowered TO DO List

The Power of Focus (I & II)

Rewarding Yourself

I call these videos the Cycle of Success, because they teach you how to approach your business in a “work smarter, not harder” kind of way.  Let me know what you think and keep taking Massive ImperfeCT Action! You’ve got this!!

Cara Conde
                                        Participant
                                          @caraconde@yahoo.com

Thanks, Halle! @halle-eavelyn I will follow your advice.

Viewing 13 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.