17 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Scott Trueblood 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Scott Trueblood
      Participant
        @strueblood@brandvisionmarketing.com

TARGETING ATTORNEYS–

Question #1: Is personal injury, workers comp and SSD your core business?

Question #2: That’s a massively competitive sector, especially if you want to grow and open as many new files each month as possible. Has standing out in that crowd been a challenge?

Question #3: I understand completely. I may be able to help you out. Developing a brand in that category is a challenge for certain, but we helped take a client from obscurity to the #3 brand in the market with consistent double-digit growth in new files each year. Let me know if you would be interested. I would love to work with you to hit those kind of goals as well.

Question #4: We should probably talk then. Let me know a couple of time options and we’ll put something on the books.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @scott-trueblood, I’d really like you to go back through the 4 questions. These are way too long. A simple outline:

Q1: Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business?

Q2: Fantastic. Are you planning/wanting to grow in 2018?

Q3: Love it. If I could show you an easy way to add (profits) to your bottom line, that makes good sense, would you have interest?

Q4. Perfect. I have 2pm and 4pm available tomorrow for a quick chat. Which is best?
          That works! What’s your mobile?
          Talk soon,
          [your name]

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by n d.

Scott Trueblood
          Participant

I guess my big issue with those questions, is that I would never respond to them personally. They just sound like a cheesy sales ploy with no substance. I mean, adding profits and wanting to grow is a staple for 90% of businesses, right?

I agree that they need to be quick-hitters, but I need something with more meat and less fluffy sales propaganda…especially in #2 and #3.

Thoughts?

n d
            Keymaster
              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi, @scott-trueblood, keep in mind that these have been tested HUNDREDS of times and is the best method of practice in this program. Try not to question the process too much and to be open to the idea that these questions are a way to START a dialogue to get them on the phone. That’s it. No qualifying.

I want you to go to the dashboard where the modules are and click on the module that says “Transformational Business Strategy” and watch the “4 questions” video! I know it will help!

Scott Trueblood
              Participant

How about these–a few different options on Q2…
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>Q1: Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business?</p>
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; word-spacing: 0px; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>Q2: Great. Who is your target audience?</p>
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>Q2: Fantastic. Do you want to increase new files in 2018?</p>
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; word-spacing: 0px; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>Q2: Good deal. How are you getting new business in 2018?</p>
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>Q3: If I could help grow your business…strengthen your brand and take a lot off your plate, would you have interest?</p>
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>Q4. Perfect. We may be a fit to potentially work together. I have 1pm or 3pm available on Tue or Thur for a quick chat. Which is best?</p>
                <p style=”background: white; vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0in 0in .25in 0in;”>
                That works! What’s your mobile?
                </p>

n d
                Keymaster
                  @negeen@coredm.com

@scott-trueblood, really nice start!

Q1: Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business?

Q2: (it’s best to ask a YES or NO questions for maximum response) Also, what do you mean by files? Remember, you are not qualifying so ask a generic question everyone would know.

Q2: Good deal! Is your company looking to grow in 2018?

Q3: Love that!
                  If I had a few simple strategies that would help you accomplish that, would you like me to share those with you?
                  OR

Love that! If I had a few simple strategies that would help you strengthen your brand and decrease work, would you like me to share those with you?

Q4: (what you have is great!!)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by n d.

Scott Trueblood
                  Participant

Good deal.

Q1…cool.

Q2…Files to an attorney would equate to ‘cases’–i.e. sales. They don’t really talk in terms of ‘sales’ necessarily, but that is essentially the same thing.

Q3…cool

Q4…cool

So, you think those are ready to roll?

Thanks,

Scott

Halle Eavelyn
                      @halle@coredm.com

YES.  And your resistance to this is something we see ALL the time, so don’t worry about it a bit!!

1. You have an almost unlimited source of potential clients on LI, so don’t be afraid to split test to prove all this to yourself
                      2. You need to be sending out 17-23 new Q1s a DAY to fill that pipeline
                      3. The more you get them on the phone without qualifying, the more you’ll get them on the phone and THEN you can qualify.
                      4. You’ve got this!! Keep taking Massive Imperfect Action!!!

Scott Trueblood
                      Participant

Hey Gang!

Hope you’re having an awesome Wednesday!

When reaching out to new potential LinkedIN connections, what…if anything…should be included in the the Connection Request? I know a ‘note’ can be included, but wanted some guidance on what that needs to say.

Thanks!!!

Scott

Laura Barker
                        Participant
                          @laura@premiersolutionsintl.com

@scott-trueblood They advise that we don’t say anything when making the initial connection request.  Just click the connect button.  Once your request is accepted, that is when you send the first of the 4 questions.

Scott Trueblood
                          Participant

Excellent!

Thanks!!!

Laura Barker
                            Participant
                              @laura@premiersolutionsintl.com

@scott-trueblood I noticed your question discussion above and was wondering about the use of the words “files”.   Do you think “clients” might be a good alternative? I know I have been out of the game for a very long time.  However, when I was in the game, we always talked in terms of worrying about where our next client would come from.  Just a thought…

Scott Trueblood
                              Participant

Hey @laura-barker! It certainly could be, indeed. I know that’s the terminology that I use in similar situations. It may just be a Ralph thing…or an Old School thing (Ralph was pretty old school)…or a PI thing, but he always talked in terms of opening new files. It seemed to be a substitute for sales talk since we were dealing with people’s livlihoods, etc., it seemed chilly to talk in terms of sales. Maybe he extended that verbiage into the ‘client’ realm as well.

I’ve kinda removed the specificity in that question though–at least at this point!

Thanks for the input…you rock!

True

Scott Trueblood
                                Participant

Hey and Howdy @kent-littlejohn !

Hope you’re having a great Monday!

As mentioned on Thursday, I’ve expanded my scope a bit beyond attorneys. I’ve been reaching out to a lot of people in the financial sector–various positions. With that in mind–two questions:

1. When engaging the Presidents of credit unions and commuity banks–they don’t seem to be responding to the “what is your core business?” question, which I suppose is understandable considering their industry. My questions have been: Q1: Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business? ; Q2: Fantastic. Do you want to increase business in 2018? ; Q3: If I could help grow your business…strengthen your brand and take a lot off your plate, would you have interest?
                                    Q4. Perfect. We may be a fit to potentially work together. I have 1pm or 3pm available on Tue or Thur for a quick chat. Which is best?; Should I alter the approach like for attorneys–asking immediately to schedule a getting to know you call? Other ideas?
                                  2. I’m connecting with a lot of people who are not decision makers. What should be the approach when I’m seeking to get to someone who can help me make a connection. This is something I’ve done a lot of in my career, but it’s always been face-to-face where there was an established relationship, so it’s been easier to get a ‘hey…talk to this guy…you’ll love him’ kind of action from them. That’s kinda tough when there’s no relationship except through LinkedIn.

Thanks!

Scott

n d
                                    Keymaster
                                      @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @scott-trueblood, great to hear from you!

In the meantime, hopefully, I can shed some light on this!

If “Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business” is not working with your client base, how about testing out:

Q1: Great to connect [NAME]! What’s your core focus in 2018?

@kent-littlejohn, what are your thoughts on Scott altering the approach for attorneys–asking immediately to schedule a getting to know you call?

Perhaps you could say “Let’s chat for a few minutes. I have a fairly big network that may benefit you.” so when you DO get on the call, if they refer you to someone, I may be someone they personally know instead of shooting out a name randomly via LI text.

^ Kent is the pro at this. Consider hopping on the Live Q&A call to dive deeper into this.

Scott Trueblood
                                    Participant

Great! I like that Nageen…I’ll give that a shot! Keep in mind, it was the presidents of banks and credit unions that I wasn’t getting response from on Q1. I think that’s a good opener–some institutions are in lending mode, some in deposit gathering, so that should work as a good lead into helping them with growth! Awesome!

n d
                                        Keymaster
                                          @negeen@coredm.com

@scott-trueblood, no problem!! Split test and see how this works out – if I recall, I do remember Kent mentioning on a live call that if you are speaking to someone who isn’t a decision maker, to ask them who is and to connect you with them.

Although, you may need to confirm this or hop on the live call to double check.

Thank you!!

Scott Trueblood
                                        Participant

Hey @negeen-dargahi!!!

Yeah–that’s always tricky, isn’t it…you’ve got to tread through their ego while trying to get to the decision maker!

You’re awesome! Thanks!

Scott

Viewing 15 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.