22 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Leigh Ann Arthur 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Leigh Ann Arthur
      Participant
        @leighann@laainternational.com

Hi All,

Leigh Ann Arthur here. I’ve just tweaked my LI profile Headline.

Would love any thoughts.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/leighannarthur/

Kind regards,

Leigh Ann

Halle Eavelyn
          @halle@coredm.com

Hey, Leigh Ann –

Please review the training on your profile accelerator and the training for LinkedIn AND take a look at the forum for LinkedIn Profiles.  Look at the info about headlines.  ALSO, please watch my Benefits Marketing video in the Transformational Business Strategy module – from your modules dashboard, scroll down to the bottom middle and click on the icon.  The videos are all in alphabetical order.

Also, great pic, but please CROP IN!  I’d like your HEAD to be 50% of the picture!

Leigh Ann Arthur
          Participant

Hello @halle-eavelyn,

Many thanks for your response. I can say this program has really shaken me up. I’ve spent the last 10+ years helping other people on what to say, how to say it and how to work their CV / interview presence to better represent themselves and now to have to do this for myself is really difficult!

I can say that I feel like I’ve been smacked up side the head, thrown against the wall, crumbled to the floor and left weeping with sympathy for myself. There’s good news here:

Every day I got up and tried again and while there didn’t seem to be any progress, the mind-shift started. “Massive Imperfect Action” have been the words I started to repeat to myself. AND come Saturday morning (just this last) I woke up with the phrase “Massive Imperfect Action”. I’ve now called friends and clients to get feedback, which is helping me write about myself.

I’ve not yet completed the Mindset and Momentum, but the journey really had to start with being ok about talking about ME, not just my company. Your Tranformational Business videos have been super helpful, as have the calls been.

Yes, yes, I know – GO! – Stop thinking about it all – Get on with it! 😉

Back soon with more for you to review.

Just want to say thanks for this program, it really is mind-changing and SUCH good work for anyone to HAVE to do…

Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Arthur
            Participant

Hi @tony-liddic

I added a bunch of content in the “raw content” section of the LI Profile Accelorator and now it is gone. I do have a word copy of my own, but I added some stuff to the accelorator input and didn’t re-copy/save it to my word doc. I did hit submit as it took me to the next section, “Summary”.

Any help in retrieving that would be great. I’ll start on summary any how.

Many thanks!

Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Arthur
              Participant

P.S. I write this publicly for any other person who hears their internal demons telling them “Your not good enough.” Don’t listen. In fact, eliminate the noise around and inside you – listening to Halle’s video’s and being in the calls has helped me so that I can hear effectively.

A friend of mine was shocked when I called crying that I just can’t do this program – “But you tell everyone they can do anything they want, just do it! It’s time to take your own advice! Get it done!”

And so I am, “one chunk at a time”.

LA

Leigh Ann Arthur
                Participant

Hi @halle-eavelyn, @kent-littlejohn, @anthony-simonie,

I think I’m getting there…here’s my summary. Need to tie some things together better, but would love thoughts. I’ve not reworked my headline yet.

Halle Eavelyn
                    @halle@coredm.com

WOW, @leigh-arthur, I LOVE your transparency, your honesty, and your attitude!! KEEP COMING!!! This program will change your life for the better!!!  AND… you are ALREADY shifting!!!

Watch my videos (AGAIN, if need be): Benefits Marketing, Benefits Marketing II, and What’s the worst thing that can happen? THEN… with all that fresh in your mind…

REWRITE the summary and the profile to TAKE OUT THE WORD I… Everywhere if you can, and as many places as you can!

SO while your opening is STRONG, it’s all about YOU!! And we want it to be about THEM!!

This:

What do I do?

I FIND and DELIVER.

What do I deliver?

I deliver extraordinary talent for my clients.

Might become something like THIS:

Are you exhausted from seeking extraordinary talent?

What if it could be delivered right to you, EVERY TIME?

I deliver extraordinary talent to my clients, and I’d love to bring those staff people to you as well.

Leigh Ann Arthur
                    Participant

Argh, yes, you’re right. On it!

Halle Eavelyn
                        @halle@coredm.com

Don’t beat yourself up, @leigh-arthur – you’re LEARNING, a WORK IN PROGRESS!  Keep taking Massive Imperfect Action!

Leigh Ann Arthur
                        Participant

@halle-eavelyn, @negeen-dargahi

Slight delay on re-write but here is the new Summary

Regarding the Headline, I’m a bit concerned with an over-salesy line – not sure that Europeans like the fast / hard sell. Thoughts?

Leigh Ann

n d
                            Keymaster
                              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @leigh-arthur! Nice job taking action and revising.

Can you email your profile photo to our graphic designer and ask her to add a white background to it, please? It will REALLY make your photo pop with a more professional touch. –>

Lindsey@coredm.com

In my opinion:

There is a difference between being too salesy and being attention-grabbing, and right now your headline isn’t grabbing my attention. Please fill this outline out as I believe it will be very beneficial:

Want _______ WITHOUT _______? ☆EXPERT _____ Helping Clients _____☆☞MSG Me!

^ clear and straight to the point without being too desperate for clients!

@leigh-arthur, I agree with Halle’s feedback above!

Actually, you should consider copying Kent’s profile outline, as I feel your profile REALLY needs to flow better. If you can copy his outline with YOUR information, helping your content flow effectively and effortlessly.

—> https://www.linkedin.com/in/klittlejohn/

The reason I say this is because your paragraphs are packed with great information, they’re just chunky and hard to want to read.

Great work regardless, lets just get your content organized 😉 woohoo! Tag me in your revision!

Leigh Ann Arthur
                            Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Thanks for the reminder on the photo, had that done and posted it here, now is on my LI profile.

Will be back with updated profile for you.

Leigh Ann Arthur
                              Participant

Hi again @negeen-dargahi and @halle-eavelynhalle,

I’ve now tweeked the summary to make it easier to read, also tweaked some of the verbiage as adding lines takes away from overall character count.

“Ready to Receive” feedback always and working on Headline.

LA

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                Participant

Also moved onto Trojan Horse Questions…

n d
                                  Keymaster
                                    @negeen@coredm.com

Much better @leigh-arthur, if you could just put “WHAT I DO IN A FEW WORDS:” before you say “I deliver BESPOKE Executive Search…”

That would really help.

Also, you need a call to action at the bottom —>

If you’re wanting __________ then give me a call TODAY at ______or message me here on LinkedIn to see if we’re a good fit!

Lastly, please consider changing your headline to the outline I provided, as it’s the best piece of real estate on your profile.

Other than that, great work taking action!! Woohoo!

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                    Participant

Thank you @negeen-dargahi

I need to work on what to take out to add those bits, but will do so.

Many thanks,

Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                      Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Have changed the Summary.

Regarding Headline, can I use:

Want TOP professionals for  IMPROVED profitability? ☆EXPERT Executive Search Consultant Helping Clients Win☆☞MSG Me!

I prefer the positive note (for) vs using the negative tone (without)

Leigh Ann

n d
                                          Keymaster
                                            @negeen@coredm.com

The headline you wrote now looks MUCH better!  @leigh-arthur

Get rid of the extra space between “for” and “improved”

Nice job!!

Halle Eavelyn
                                            @halle@coredm.com

Hey, @leigh-arthur! This top:

My work is all about YOU, my client. I deliver BESPOKE Executive Search services for Global & EMEA clients who seek THE BEST professionals in Marketing, Integrated & Digital Communications, eCommerce and Data & Insights. For you as an HR Professional or Hiring Manager that means: GR

Let’s rewrite it:

Are you a leading-edge Global & EMEA business?  If you need FULLY CUSTOM Executive Search services for the BEST professionals in Marketing, Integrated & Digital Communications, eCommerce and Data & Insights,  our results give GREATER PROFITABILITY TO THE FIRM. This means:

We help you ADD VALUE, etc.

• Don’t bury the lead – let’s get it up in your summary!
                                            • If you don’t like “leading edge” or “custom” it’s fine – change them.  Just know that it’s important to use EMOTIONALLY evocative words – Bespoke is sort of neutral and old-fashioned.  It DOES imply luxury, but so few people use it it’s kind of flat.  That’s why I used custom – it’s a word that makes people feel taken care of.  That’s the idea behind ALL the words – emotionally evocative.

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                            Participant

@halle-eavelyn,

WOW! Many thanks, that’s the BOOM (shakalaka!) I needed! Appreciate both your and @negeen-dargahi‘s help immensely!

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                              Participant

Hi @negeen-dargahi, @halle-eavelyn,

I’m keeping a log of everything I do – this is an exciting / heart-beating day for me – I’ve just taken an action I didn’t want to take (changed my headline!). But I KNOW that this works, so gave in to getting in my own way!

Mindset changes = powerful learning capabilities!

That’s a big WOOHOO! 😉

#ILoveLearning

Thank you High End Client Program. I know I still have a long way to go, but I’m taking action and loving it! 😀

n d
                                                  Keymaster
                                                    @negeen@coredm.com

@leigh-arthur you are such a joy! SO proud of you for not only taking direction BUT also taking ACTION! 🙂

Your headline really transforms your message. That makes me want to click ‘see more’ on your summary and really see what you do and how you can help!

Really proud of you and your hard work!!

Leigh Ann Arthur
                                                  Participant

@negeen-dargahi and @halle-eavelyn,

This program really kicks one into motion and momentum!

Can’t say enough good things about it!

Many thanks!

LA

Viewing 19 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.