6 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Kathleen Deegan 4 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Kathleen Deegan
      Participant
        @kristy@kristydeegan.com

@matt-barcus

I’ve been connecting and messaging every day.  Today I tried to send a message and an error came up in red saying i didn’t have any more inmails. Can you explain the difference between in mail and message and when to use them.  I know in mails are limited, but that’s it. Thanks

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kristy-deegan, you are correct that they are limited.

InMail allows you to directly message another LinkedIn member that you’re not connected to.

Note: If you have a Basic (free) account, you can only directly message LinkedIn members that you’re connected to. You must upgrade to a Premium account to use InMail.

You’re allotted a specific number of InMail credits based on your subscription type. You can find the number of InMail credits you have from your Premium subscription page.

Now, you won’t be limited if you are connecting to 1st and 2nd-degree connections.

Does this answer your questions??

Kathleen Deegan
          Participant
            @kristy@kristydeegan.com

Thanks Negeen.  so an “Inmail message” is a regular message to someone I’m not connected to. The point is to get connected before i message them.  I’m not sure i understand when to us the inmail.  Can you give me  a scenario of when or why I would inmail someone, please?

n d
            Keymaster
              @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kristy-deegan!! I actually found a better way to explain inMail! Here is an article on LinkedIn – just click on the blue text and it will further explain. I hope this helps a bit more than the way I explained it.

https://www.linkedin.com/help/recruiter/answer/2224/inmail-messages-faq?lang=en

Kathleen Deegan
              Participant
                @kristy@kristydeegan.com

Hi this was helpful, however, I tried to send a message to a connection and it said that I was out of in-mail .  She is a 1st connection so I don’t understand why i couldn’t send a regular message.  She was  new connection so maybe LI hadn’t connected her with me yet.

n d
                Keymaster
                  @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kristy-deegan, every LinkedIn Recruiter license comes with an allotted number of InMail credits each month. That number varies by the type of Recruiter account you have.

Here’s what LI says about inMail and the limit:

To view your available InMail credits:

• Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
                    -Select Access My Premium from the dropdown.
                    -You’ll be redirected to your MY PREMIUM page.
                    -Under InMail messages on the right rail, you’ll see (number) credits available.

You’ll receive 15 more InMail credits at the beginning of your monthly billing cycle.

Matt is the LinkedIn guru – if you’re finding that you’re still confused, definitely bring this to the live call if you can 🙂

Kathleen Deegan
                  Participant
                    @kristy@kristydeegan.com

@negeen-dargahi  @matt-barcus

I looked where you pointed me and I have 55 in-mails available.  So,  why am I being told I have no more?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.