19 replies, 3 voices Last updated by n d 2 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Hillary Jones
      Participant
        @hillary@hillaryhutterhomes.com

@negeen-dargahi

Ok here we go! I’m not sure if I want to include the part where I mention what I’ll do versus the competition… so I’d love your input! The biggest thing I want to convey is I’m unlike any other listing agent out there – I do a ton of work behind the scenes that most listing agents won’t do because, in this market and with 3wks inventory, a monkey could sell a house here, but that doesn’t mean a monkey can get you the biggest win possible 😉 I’ll make selling your home the most effortless and enjoyable experience possible and work incredibly hard behind the scenes to do things other agents won’t…

Are you WANTING to sell your home?

Do you NEED to net as much money as possible, but not any of the stress as to how to make that happen?

Want selling your house to be an amazing process that you actually enjoy?

If you answered ‘YES’ to those questions, you came to the right place!

Hi, I’m Hillary Jones with Keller Williams and I am a listing agent helping clients sell their home, in a way that feels effortless and is actually fun!

I work incredibly hard behind the scenes so that to you it feels like you aren’t lifting a finger, while I make sure to find the perfect buyer and offer to make it a huge win for you.

I am one of the best negotiators in the business and my greatest joy is truly helping you transition to the next stage in your life. I’ll also be honest with you and tell you what you need to hear, versus just what you want to hear just to sign your listing like a lot of agents will do.

My sellers will all tell you how ridiculously easy it was to sell their home and how much fun they actually had in the process.

If you want to have the same experience, then message me here on LinkedIn to see if we are a good fit.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hey there, @hillary-jones! I really enjoyed your message! You can actually film another video in the future using the monkey analogy because it’s relatable, funny, and can showcase your personality! Just an idea.

I revised this sentence because it was a bit confusing:

Do you NEED to net as much money as possible, but not any of the stress as to how to make that happen?

Do you NEED To NET as much money as possible, WITHOUT the added stress and work that comes with It?

or

Do you want QUALIFIED buyers looking at your home so you can NET as MUCH money as possible without going below asking price??

Everything else looks great 🙂

Below would be your next steps..

Halle made a very helpful video on how to record your infomercial.

It is called “VIDEO TIPS” in the Transformational Business Strategy Module.

Here is also an example of what it should sound like. Of course, this is a high-quality version but yours does NOT have to be this
          high quality. Just look at the angle of the video and the lighting.

Hillary Jones
          Participant

@negeen-dargahi Thank you so much! I totally will do the monkey video and maybe label it as listing in a hot market and lead with that hahah. 🙂 It’s a great analogy I think and definitely applies to our current market. Where I live only has three WEEKS of inventory so it’s just bonkers to say the least.

Hillary Jones
            Participant

@negeen-dargahi Ok here’s my infomercial… this is the first time that I did and it’s around 1min rather than 60 sec so I need to probably cut in half lol. I’d love any feedback from you to trim this sucker down a bit. Sometimes I’m entirely too wordy for my own good haha… ( @steve-rath any thoughts? Since you’re now someone I’d consider a mentor and role model!)

This is what I was thinking to trim down the script…

Are you WANTING to sell your home?

Do you NEED To NET as much money as possible, WITHOUT the added stress and work that comes with It?

Hi, I’m Hillary Jones with Keller Williams and I am a listing agent helping clients sell their home, in a way that feels effortless and is actually fun!

I am one of the best negotiators in the business and My sellers will all tell you how ridiculously easy it was to sell their home and how much fun they actually had in the process.

If you want to have the same experience, then message me here on LinkedIn to see if we are a good fit.

Hillary Jones
              Participant

@negeen-dargahi Ok I cut it down to 30 seconds… I’m classic perfectionist type A so I can pick this video apart for days but wanted to get some feedback from you and just have the video be real 🙂 Let me know if this version is better and profile-worthy…!

Steven Rath
                Participant
                  @steve@steverath.com

Hola Hillary,

So I am far from an expert on the subject. For the first video I did, I wrote a script that was TEN PAGES at first, cut down to 8, then to six which was about 6 1/2 min long, then 5 – just under 6 min, and I pretty much memorized all the different versions.

I hired a videographer, who as it turns out is great at what he does and not expensive. He came over to shoot, took a look at the script, and said Nah…..not gonna happen (gulp). He spent about 2 minutes and cut it down to a 3-minute video, which I thought came out good, not great. I’ve done 4 now and they’ve gotten progressively easier and better.

So, with that ……. First, I’d love to see the written copy of the first 1-minute version. I like the message in both a lot and some of what you cut out for the second I would put back, in a different way.

Your delivery in the second is better than the first and your smile and glimpses of your personality are engaging but in both, it feels forced, kinda like your message and personality are bottled up.

In the first and to a lesser extent in the second, I can see your eyes reading and the sentences run on so it “feels” like a script and not from your heart. Poignant pauses are definitely needed and a couple of changes in how it’s said, and remember that this is how “I” would say it, not necessarily you: (Powerfully) Want to sell your property? (pause) Of course, you want to make the MOST money possible…….right? (pause) Let them answer the question in their head before you continue., etc, etc, etc if you send me your script, I’ll give my full thoughts.

Last, this one helped me after getting dressed down by my videographer who also works in works in movies: Pretend you’re at a party and you’re talking to a friend about what you do, believe, and/ or stand for. Knowing your message, say it to your new or old friend….into their eyes. Smile, laugh, and just let your personality out of the bottle. “of course you want to make the most money you can…..right? (smirk or knowing smile). Kinda like that.

You’ve done it thousands of times, every day….be you, telling a friend, a secret or fact. Make em want to know you and hear more.

2 am now…..see ya and best of luck with it…….Have Fun!

Steven Rath
                  Participant
                    @steve@steverath.com

PS, the last sentence is supposed to be say 2am. There’s also a sentence where I repeat the same 2 words…whoops. I’m a little punchy.

n d
                    Keymaster
                      @negeen@coredm.com

Hey there, @hillary-jones! I have to agree with @steve-rath on his awesome feedback! You look amazing and did such a good job. I would rather you use your full script that you initially wrote rather than cutting parts out and speeding it up.

It’s okay if the time runs over – we would rather you talk as if you are talking to a friend all while getting your message across. Take breaths if you need to after sentences and practice off camera a few times and re-record with your original script.

If you don’t want to re-record, your first video you sent looks great!!

Hillary Jones
                      Participant

@steve-rath Thank you for all of that! You are a night owl lol! Since I’m super new to this whole video thing (BombBomb is as out of my comfort zone as it gets lol), I think I’m just going to redo it and not stress if it’s a minute or slightly longer. I was worried that it had to be 30 seconds and then that made me overthink and read etc. If I just saw it like I’m talking to a Seller or potential client and say what I’d like to say, it might flow more naturally 🙂

@negeen-dargahi Thank you!!! I’m going to make a couple simple changes on my script so it says what I want to convey but also doesn’t take an hour, or feel rushed on the opposite end. I’m flying to Colorado tonight for a week to see my best friend that I haven’t seen in 8yrs so I’ll see if I can record it today before I leave to knock this off my list. It’s taken me about a month just to get through the first two modules lol…! And I still have yet to send any connections…! 😉

Hillary Jones
                        Participant

Even though I’ve used a lot of scripts in my life for different jobs, I usually just speak from my heart and use my expertise to get the point across and have never needed a script, at least not in real estate.

Here’s one I just did and took my time and just said what I wanted to say and thought it may make people laugh, show my personality and get them interesting in talking to me… Let me know. @negeen-dargahi I decided that using my monkey analogy was fitting and got the point across.

Also, if this isn’t a new win of the week for imperfect action and ZERO COMFORT ZONE, I don’t know what is lol ( @halle-eavelyn @kent-littlejohn).

Also – with BombBomb, I can literally create a hyperlink in this video that they can click on that can take them to my Calendar or website or whatever I want and can track it pretty well too 🙂

Steven Rath
                          Participant
                            @steve@steverath.com

WAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Better!!!!

“Hello, nice to meet you”.

In this video I can “see” you and kinda get to know a little bit about who you are. Also, my gut reaction is the same as when I first read your newly minted profile, which was: wow, I like this person. She sounds interesting, professional and I would do business with her. I had no idea you were fairly new and in fact thought you had many years under your belt.

As a business owner/ broker, I’ve interviewed many, many agents as well as other people for various reasons and fairly quickly evaluate and put people into different boxes such as “Buzz…..Exit stage left left to Hmmm Interesting”. You would go into the “hire That person” or “work with that person” box.

There is still a hint of it feeling a bit rushed, so you should slow it down just a bit. Just act as though you’re telling your fiance, what you do and why you’re better than all the others. Be comfortable and say it with pride, which I really start to feel in this version.

Did I mention I see “RE Rock Star” in you? Oh yeah……..I think I did.

“Aaaaand, she’s off”

Have a nice weekend!

Steven Rath
                            Participant
                              @steve@steverath.com

OK, just one more thing.

I like the monkey thing. It made me chuckle because of having the insight into what it means and how true it is.

Just be really, really, careful talking about the flaws or problems of some in the business, which by the way….there are many.

I try to NEVER look better by talking about how “bad” they are…..whoever “they” are.

Show by your words and actions who YOU are. It’ll be obvious to your target audience just how much better and valuable “you” are as opposed to “them”, even without mentioning “them”. Know what I mean?

Steven Rath
                              Participant
                                @steve@steverath.com

And one last PS: If they don’t see how great you are, they’re just stupid…..their loss. That’s how my twisted lil mind works.

Hillary Jones
                                Participant

Good afternoon!

I have restarted the program and have a clearer picture than ever on my Avatar, vision and wanted to do an updated infomercial, especially now that the market has changed a little bit and I’m with a new brokerage. Can you let me know how this sounds and any feedback you might have? I figured I would post it in the thread from my original “monkey could, but shouldn’t sell your house” script for the video previously 🙂 Thanks in advance!

Has the last couple years changed the way you live but you don’t know how to make the transition to your dream home? Are you WANTING to sell your home to move into a place that’s a better fit for your family, but you’re worried about finding that next dream home and actually being able to GET it?

Hi, I’m Hillary Hutter with Compass and I specialize in helping people find their dream home, and make sure that they are able to actually get their offer accepted, and help them transition into that new home and then make selling their previous home an amazing experience. 

In this market, it’s not only challenging to find the right home, but to get your offer accepted, move into that new home and then sell your previous home to be able to close that chapter and start a new one. And that is my greatest passion and exactly what I specialize in doing for people. 

I am one of the best negotiators in the business and My Clients will all tell you how ridiculously easy it was to make that next step in their life, and how much fun they actually had in the process.

@halle-eavelyn @negeen-dargahi @kent-littlejohn

n d
                                  Keymaster
                                    @negeen@coredm.com

Hi there, @hillary-jones-2! It is so nice to hear that you’ve taken on a new endeavor in your business and great idea with reflecting that in your work.

I reviewed your infomercial and she’s still got it 😉

Your content is enticing, clear, and concise. Excellent work! I know you’ve filmed before but for this script, really make sure you’re comfortable reading it out loud so your personality shines when you film.

Great work!

Also — the Realtor Script is going to be in Module 5 under the script building lesson.

Hillary Jones
                                    Participant

@negeen-dargahi – Thank you so much! Yea I’ll probably tweak the wording a little when I record it and then post here to see what you guys think! I restarted the program so still have a lot of material to get through and some takes so much longer than others but I’m getting there and excited for the script building part!

Hillary Jones
                                      Participant

@negeen-dargahi – Ok here’s my newest infomercial video! It always comes out a little different when I record it and not sure if I should add or take out anything, so that’s why I figured I’d ask you for feedback! It’s pretty natural conversation style, so I feel like my personality comes through and would love to get your thoughts 🙂

n d
                                        Keymaster
                                          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @hillary-jones-2, as always, you did such a great job! I love how comfortable you are in front of the camera and I really liked the fireplace in the background 😉

If you ever choose to refilm, avoid “uhh” for the next remake. Forgive me if you weren’t saying “uhh” and it was just “a” elongated. But removing any hesitation will strengthen your message.

This is great and authentic!!

Hillary Jones
                                          Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Thank you! I definitely wasn’t saying “uhhh” but I might’ve had an elongated “a” like you said. I’ll take that feedback and do a couple more takes and share here to see if I can strengthen it a bit.

And thanks – its actually an electronic fireplace for my office that can give out heat if wanted. One of my favorite purchases 🙂

n d
                                            Keymaster
                                              @negeen@coredm.com

@hillary-jones-2 – that’s what I had figured and that sounds great! Here if and when you need feedback 🙂

Oh I love that!!!

Viewing 19 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.