Dashboard Forums High End Client Program LinkedIn – Profile Reviews & Questions I am stuck on “Step 2: Gather Your Raw Content”

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Tom Simon 4 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Simon
      Participant
        @tom@techfeats.com

As I have only had a couple customers (one being a family member), this step is a difficult task.

*Your most important accomplishments: Struggling with this
        *Your values and passions: I can write up something for this.
        *Your superpowers: Although I can make this up, I don’t really have a feel for what I excel at yet, other than determination.
        *Fact, figures and stats: I don’t have enough data to complete this.  I do have data for one business.
        *Differentiation: I can list what I believe makes me stand out.
        *External validation: I have no testimonials.

A huge issue for me is that my LinkedIn profile is targeted for my day job profession.  It will be noticed that I have totally shifted gears, and I will have to explain it.  I am not just talking about rebranding.  I was recently put into a different IT role, and I am expected to be ramping that up.  It sends an odd message to be remaking myself into a marketer.  Management will not get that at all, since several months ago I asked for more responsibility and a different challenge.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

@tom-simon-2-2 thank you for posting your concerns!

Good questions about your raw content.

If you find you may not be able to ask certain questions or not enough clients to get insight from, we always recommend you imagining WHO you WANT to work with and then doing your best to answer the questions in the mindset of your perfect client. Does that make sense?

Do your best to fill out as much as you can – it doesn’t have to be perfect!

For the second half, @halle-eavelyn any tips in regards to Tom’s concerns? Tom if you can make it to the Live call on Thursday, the team can actually help you out with this on the phone!

Halle Eavelyn
            @halle@coredm.com

@tom-simon-2-2  are you intending to keep both jobs? I remember us talking about this  a bit on your kickstart.  I remember saying to you that they can’t tell you not to have a side hustle outside of office hours unless there’s a conflict of interest.  I think I also recall suggesting you get ahead of it and talk with them instead of waiting for them to discover it – it’s a little like you’re having an affair.   For now, you may want a second profile.

I’d LOVE for you to come to the live Q&A call Thursday so we can discuss.  Otherwise, post your question on the Q&A thread, say you can’t be on the call, and we will answer it and note the time for you in the recording.

Note that energetically, this will hold you back if you are afraid to take action because you are afraid of being caught.  That’s what I most want to clear.

Tom Simon
            Participant
              @tom@techfeats.com

Thank you @negeen-dargahi and @halle-eavelyn.

Sorry I couldn’t make the Thursday call. Yes, I do remember our conversation.  The sensitivity has been ratcheted up somewhat since our discussion, but I realize I will need to address the issue sooner rather than later.

By “second profile” are you referring to an alias that would technically violate LinkedIn’s TOS?  I am not judging that guidance – just trying to clarify.  I started a business profile awhile ago, but I didn’t add much to it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.