Dashboard Forums High End Client Program General and Technical Support Questions How do I merge 2 Linkedin accounts?

Tagged: 

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Matt test 4 years, 8 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Carol High
      Participant
        @carol@chighre.com

I have one account that has been used for this program and another premium account that is separate from this.

both use the same email address.  I have changed the password on one and now hope that I can merge them as the response when I said “Merge” at the bottom was – you can’t merge one account into the same one.  They are not alike.  One has my updated pic and the other an older version that was not modified.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @carol-high, this is a good question. I’m going to tag @matt-barcus in this, as he would have more knowledge with this topic.

Thank you!

Matt test
          Keymaster
            @matt@coredm.com

@carol-high

Hi Carol,

There are a couple of different ways to go about it. If you can login to both accounts still, go ahead and login into the one that you want to KEEP.  Then go to this link https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/account-management/merge-connections

It will ask you to then enter in the email and password of the account that you want to transfer connections from and close out. Enter that info and submit.

Another alternative is to just close out the account that you do not want anymore. I’m not sure how many connections you have in that one…if it is minimal, then not a big deal. To do that, you need to login to the account you want to close and then do the following:

1. Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
            2. Under the Account management section of the Account tab, click Change next to Closing your LinkedIn account.
            3. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete closing your account.
        Viewing 2 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.