Dashboard Forums High End Client Program Hero Story Questions HERO STORY REVISED 060918 – PLEASE REVIEW

7 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Dale Swanson 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dale Swanson
      Participant
        @daleswanson@bhhscaproperties.com

@halle-eavelyn @kent-littlejohn @anthony-simonie @diane-hansen @negeen-dargahi

My Hero Story, revised again. My thought is maybe to split it into two parts (e.g., Kent’s) with a bold Canva graphic on each (i.e., Anthony’s advice).

Please take a look and advise. Thank you!

Dale

Attachments:

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Nice job taking action on your hero story, @dale-swanson!

Have you seen the video on your next steps? (sending to peers, family, friends)

Dale Swanson
          Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Thank you, Negeen. Yes, I have watched the video, a couple of times. The concerns I have, with respect to getting feedback from my peers,  family, and or friends, is getting a) from my peers, constructive feedback; b) from my family, objective feedback; and or c) from my friends, ANY feedback at all. Most of my friends – at least my best, closest, longest-term friends – are well aware that I struggled, and are inclined to leave it at that, satisfied that I made it through (and that’s all that matters). They have their own problems, and they’re not going to tell me that my story sucks (on any level). As for past Clients, much of the above, plus the separation of the personal vs. professional relationship. They also tend to be very busy people, in their own right (or at least, they prefer to maintain a public image as such).

n d
              Keymaster
                @negeen@coredm.com

@dale-swanson, can you come to the live Q&A calls so we can help you out with this??

HECP Admin
                Participant
                  @

@dale-swanson,

It is my opinion that following the process as laid out is the most ideal strategy.

However, the decision is ultimately yours.

This strategy has proved to be very effective even for the busiest of people and clients.

Either way, I’d recommend to complete your story and get it published 🙂

Halle Eavelyn
                  @halle@coredm.com

@dale-swanson, you know how much I love you, so I can be more blunt:  GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY and JUST DO IT!!! Let them ignore it, give you lousy feedback, whatever.  It’s NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, remember? Just take the Massive Imperfect Action!! Let us know what happens, ok?

Dale Swanson
                  Participant

@anthony-simonie, @negeen-dargahi

Negeen, Anthony:

Thank you, both, very much, for taking the time to respond. Given the time constraints – and the time that has already passed – plus the issues that I mentioned, above, in soliciting outside feedback, I’m thinking that perhaps it would be best just to get the Hero Story posted on LinkedIn – ASAP – while simultaneously sending out to whoever I have that may, possibly, be willing to respond; after all, I can always revise it, on the LinkedIn page, at any point. Right? What do you think?

Dale

Dale Swanson
                    Participant

@negeen-dargahi, @halle-eavelyn, @anthony-simonie

Thank you, both. You are wonderful, and I am deeply appreciative.

Negeen: Today’s monthly meeting in my office was at 8:30 am PDT (11:30 EDT), so I had to leave the call at that point (and there was too much background racket to be unmuted), but at least I was able to hear the first 25 minutes (and post in chat).

Halle: I promise to find at least 5 people – peers, family, friends, clients, whoever – to send my Hero Story to, in its current revised form, for their feedback. (However, my mother, and my sister, remain off-limits). I’ll do it today.

Anthony: And then I’ll post it on LinkedIn. Let the fallout come, whatever that is. You are right: I need to move on.

Thank you, all!

Dale

Viewing 5 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.