Dashboard Forums High End Client Program Hero Story Questions Hero Story Review- Stephanie Tanis

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by n d 2 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Stephanie Tanis
      Participant
        @stephtanis@remax.net

Why am I am Realtor…

I grew up in a household with divorced parents at age 3, both re-married at age 5, and my Mom relocated my sister and myself to Evergreen, Colorado at age 5. At age 9 we moved to Woodland Park. 

I also became a Step Aunt at 5 years of age, to my sister’ kids. 

Suicide was a common theme to this family, unfortunately, over the years. 

I attended Colorado State University from 1990-1994, graduating with a Bachelor of Science and emphasis in Cardiac Rehabilitation. I worked as an Exercise Physiologist for Cardiac Rehab at Penrose Hospital for several years.

My job was highly rewarding working with the recovering heart population, and allowed me make long lasting friendships and life changing relationships. The salary was meager, and forced me to work a second job in evenings at fine dining establishments nightly, working 16-18 hours on many days. 

Work ethic was never difficult for me!

I married my high school sweetheart in 1999.

I had a career opportunity to take a sales position at the Denver Mattress Company, where I moved quickly into management. Sales and management were strengths I excelled at, and working for Furniture Row was an amazing experience.

In 2005 my youngest brother passed from a recreational heroin overdose, at age 21!

After 11 months, trying to heal from my loss, I recognized that I could no longer “take care” of others, and my employees, and needed to “take care of myself”. I chose to leave my successful career in December 2005, as a step towards healing. 

Real estate seems to make sense, as my husband, Joe, was in real estate, successful over the past 10 years. My mother-in-law, Irene, was also successful in real estate, and had been in the business for 20 years, 2 great mentors to follow. 

I took a 5 week real estate course, and passed my tests for my licensure! Only the background fingerprint investigation to go…. 

Ironically, my fingerprints were not traceable! 

After 3 sets of failed fingerprints submitted, and 4 months waiting, I exhausted my patience, and met with a Colorado Association of Realtors board representative, to help “push” my dilemma through. Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) “FINALLY” proceeded to a name background check, and cleared me for licensure in June 2006. I apparently was not a criminal! 

It won’t surprise you to recall that the Great Recession started in mid 2007, shortly after I began my career. Needless to say, I learned more in the first 6 years than most learn in 20 years! 

Patience, persistence, and tenacity became the way of doing my business. 

I navigated many Sellers through Short Sales, sold many bank owned foreclosures, and counseled numerous Buyers and Sellers regarding financial hardships.

Our finances took a toll as well, selling a collectors Ford Mustang, and my husband sold his one of kind street bike, all to stay afloat! Thank God for parents, whom stepped in with an influx of money to help the household expenses. I recall our income being ZERO from January to May in 2008! 

My compassion and persistence helping clients ensured my success in the years to come. 

One example I am reminded of, is a short sale I was selling for a distressed owner. My mentors, my husband, Joe, and mother-in-law, Irene, had little to any experience with these types of sales, and had little advice or guidance navigating these waters…. It was learning curve for all of us! 

This property was on the market for 1.5 years, and 3 failed offers due to denied responses from the lien holder, I took my feat to a higher level! I contacted the State Colorado Representative, asking for help pushing this sale through. 

Ironically, in a matter of weeks, I had the direct contact for the PERSONAL ASSISTANT to Brian Moynihan, CEO of Bank of America! This contact was assigned to me to “get this home sold”! 

Successfully, we managed to close the short sale just 5 weeks later! 

PERSISTENCE!

I have counseled and assisted many clients with both buying and selling their properties, building relationships, friendships, and forever clients!

My largest sphere of business is from my loyal repeat clients, and their referral network, which I am grateful for! 

MY SUCCESS IS YOUR SUCCESS! 

I AM COMPASSIONATE ABOUT HELPING OTHERS, AND RECOGNIZE THAT WE ALL HAVE A STORY!

I take each transaction individually, and personally, and give 110% to every sale! 

Clients have commented that “they are amazed how thorough and involved I am at each stage, no matter the price of the sale”. 

EVERY SALE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO EVERY INDIVIDUAL! 

I am a Realtor to take care of you! 

I am here to make the sales process easy and effective, in order to get you the highest profit achievable!! 

I would be honored to meet with you, and make you a loyal client in the future! 

Reach Me Today at 719-659-2600 or stephtanis@remax.net

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @stephanie-tanis, nice job completing your Hero Story! Few things… please please make sure to click on the forum topic Hero Story and see the pinned posts at the top and make sure this is your absolute best final draft.

Because Halle only reviews your hero story once, please make sure it is fully ready to go.

If so, please email it as an attachment to Halle:

Halle@coredm.com

Viewing 1 reply thread

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.