3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by James Blakemore 4 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

James Blakemore
      Participant
        @james@jamesblakemore.com

Please comment on my Draft Sales Script:

<u>PROPOSED SALES SCRIPT</u>

• You: “I’ve been looking over your information, and I am looking forward to talking with you today! I see you are located in Midland.  How is your day going?”

• Client: “I am, it is crazy as usual! Where are you located?”

• “Ok, [NAME], let’s get started. What I’ve found works best for these calls is to ask you some questions and make sure I understand where your business is at now and where you’re looking to go.  Then if I think are a fit I’ll tell you what we have going on here and what it looks like to work with us.  You can ask any questions you want along the way and at the end you can make a decision about whether you want to get started or not.  Sound good?”

• “Before we get rolling, I do want to let you know that we record the calls just to make sure we don’t miss anything. So, with that, ____, what was it that motivated you to invest the time to hop on the call with me today?”

• “Well, We are growing in the Delaware, and we are having problems with getting good people due to the long commutes, and the standards of current man camp housing.

• You: “Ok, tell me more about that.”

• So let’s take a closer look:
        • “Exactly how many do you have in the field?”
        • “How many people did you bring on last month?”
        • “ How much attrition did you have over housing and/or commuting issues?”
        • “How many of those individuals were professionals, i.e. engineers, executives, etc.?”
        • “How many are full time or contract, and how many are part time?”
        • “Overall, what would you say are your biggest housing issues?”
        • “How many need to be housed near the project location?”
        • “Are you losing your good people to your competition due to housing issues?”
        • “What is your “per man/per day” ideal housing budget?
        • “Are you willing to spend a little extra on making sure your key people are comfortably and safely housed near their work?”

• “So what we need to do now, is look at your overall housing/commute to work situation.”

• “Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive solution to your field housing needs.”

• “We offer a mixed bag of accommodation and food options that are designed to fit all your employees from professionals to laborers. We have higher level units with extra space for executives that need their privacy to concentrate and the ability to work on their computers all the way down to simple unskilled roustabout labor.”

• “In these packages, we include all utilities, satellite TV in each unit, and High Speed Internet in each unit. This means that your people won’t have to go to some group entertainment area or to some central internet room where they don’t have any privacy to file reports or to have online visits with their family. Of course, we have onsite staff to insure your people have as quality an experience as possible.”

• “Do you have any questions thus far?”

• We look at this relationship as an investment in each other, and in your success. We know what it takes to put men in the field, and what you expect of them. We want to make sure that you are able to get the most out of your employees by providing them with the best living environment available. This makes them better, safer and more productive employees. We also know that you don’t want to have to worry about their housing, safety, commuting, etc. We take care of the support end of that for you, and guarantee that you don’t have to mess with any of the housing logistics. We invest in you, by providing for you, your company and your workforce, you invest in us with you financial commitment and your trust that we will do the best job possible for you and your people.

• Our units are 320 Sq. Ft. with 1BR, bath, kitchen and living/work area for an executive/professional/supervisory person.

• We have a two bedroom unit with a shared bath, and a small area for a coffee maker & microwave in each bedroom.

• We also have a simple sleeping room unit with a small private bath.

• The current rates for our units are $2500.00/mo for the executive units, $2,250/mo for the 2BR/1BA and $2,000/mo each for the sleeping rooms.

• We are currently taking pre-leases for our WorkForce 1 Village in the Delaware Basin near Mentone. If you see the value in our services, we would like to extend the opportunity for you to lock in very favorable rates for up to two years of occupancy, by acting now. As you may imagine, we only have a small number of these slots available, so it in your best interest to act quickly. The prelease rates are $2000.00/mo for the executive units, $1,900/mo for the 2BR/1BA and $1,750/mo each for the sleeping rooms. How many of each do you project to need?

• “GREAT!! To lock in the space at these rates, I will need a minimum of a 1 year lease with a down payment of 10%. The down payment is 50% refundable if you decide to cancel for any reason for up to 120 days prior to occupancy, and 100% refundable if we cannot deliver the housing on schedule. I can take a nonrefundable $2,500 payment to hold your spaces for up to 5 business days to allow us to complete the paperwork and transfer funds.

• If you should choose not to take advantage of this quick action discount, the rates I quoted you will be guaranteed up until the date we actually begin construction. We anticipate a significant increase in demand once that happens.

• So what works best for you, a guaranteed rate with price protection and guaranteed space for your employees, or a wait and see position where the rates will be significantly higher and space may not be available?

James Blakemore
        Participant

@negeen-dargahi, @halle-eavelyn

I haven’t heard from anyone regarding this draft.

Neither have I ever heard from Lindsey regarding my backgrounder photo.

James

Halle Eavelyn
            @halle@coredm.com

@james-blakemore as you can see, TAGGING us is important!

Great job taking Massive Imperfect Action!!! YAY!!!!  My questions/comments below:

1. Is this your FIRST call? Or AFTER they are qualified to talk with you through an intro call? I presume the latter.  If not, let’s talk about that first.
            2. “If you see the value in our services,” – poor positioning.  Assume the close unless they tell you otherwise.
            3. I’d start with ONE question: What’s the biggest thing you are struggling with right now? Instead of: So, with that, ____, what was it that motivated you to invest the time to hop on the call with me today?” Dive right into the deeper issue. Qualify it, though.  “What’s the biggest manpower issue you are struggling with right now?” (or something that leads them into your line of questioning).  Make sense?
            4. Ask: Are you ready to move forward? before: “I can take a nonrefundable $2,500 payment to hold your spaces for up to 5 business days to allow us to complete the paperwork and transfer funds.” Then it’s “To get started, you make a $2500 payment to…” I wouldn’t state that it’s non-refundable immediately, either.  In fact, what motivates them to put down a deposit if it’s non-refundable? You’re selling scarcity there – you just haven’t done so prior to that point, except a half sentence a few moments earlier.  I would hit that harder.  I mean, WHY do you only have a few units available anyway? Can’t you build to meet demand? I would be giving the lead more info here about why it’s scarce, since it’s going to make them want it more.
            5. “So what works best for you, a guaranteed rate with price protection and guaranteed space for your employees, or a wait and see position where the rates will be significantly higher and space may not be available?” I am not a fan of stuff that’s worded like this because it’s not too subtle.  I’d just tweak it, perhaps like this: “So what works best for you, a guaranteed rate with price protection and guaranteed space for your employees, or a wait and see position? It’s just that if you wait, the rates will be significantly higher and space may not be available. What do you think?”
            6. Then you need to come full circle if they don’t say YES.  “How will you deal with XX [insert pain point from the first struggle question here] if you don’t use our ready-made solution?”
            7. And a call to action: OK, so you are going to get approval from your boss on this and the number of units, too.  What’s your time frame for me to follow up?

Re. Lindsey, she usually responds within 24-48 hours MAX.  Please a) check Spam and b) forward to her again and ask her to reply.  Then make a new post in the LinkedIn forum and tag @negeen-dargahi tomorrow if you don’t hear back.

cc. @kent-littlejohn

James Blakemore
            Participant

@halle-eavelyn,

Thanks Halle!!

I am rethinking the entire business at this time.

We have a deadline of the end of March to raise the money, due to escalation in a lease we have.

Everyone I have approached has withdrawn interest due to the questionable viability of the West Texas oil markets.

This recent development over the weekend from the Saudis and Russians just pretty much put a stake through the heart of the project.

I have to figure out how and where to pivot.

I’d like to hear yours and Kent’s thoughts, I’ll be on the Wednesday call for sure.

James

Viewing 3 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.