Dashboard Forums High End Client Program LinkedIn – Profile Reviews & Questions Choosing my target audience conflict

Tagged: 

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by n d 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Thomas Dale
      Participant
        @tomdale52@gmail.com

I am a fine art producer and I started with the goal to reach hotel and motel and professional home or business art consultants to supply them with a wide selection of fine art that I can produce inexpensively . I want to be their one stop place to go where they can chose from a wide selection of art for the contracts they have been commissioned.  To supply an app to take a photo of a wall and place art onto it to compliment their room’s atmosphere. My introductory call with Jennifer brought resistance from Jeniffer who suggested trying art galleries first. I have a retail art galley which is closing like many that are dropping like flies in my region. I have reached out to galleries and to show my quality art and the last thing they need is more artists for they are overstocked as is. I have art at cafes and doctors’ offices but no sales. Art is a luxury item to Millennialists, they are into austerity. Hotels, Motels, retirement homes, large business offices all require art so they employ an art consultants with a budget to create a decor for the business. That is who I want to offer my expertise. Baby boomers filled their houses with art but the next generation is a tough cookie to crack. All my many artist friends are finding sales almost impossible. Expensive art galleries that I visited in Maui with the highest ratio of fine art artists per capital are slashing prices to sell stock. Galleries are not looking for new art – they have an overabundance. I think Jeniffer’s advice is an old approach to a new way that is needed to reach the few businesses that do need art and provide it in an more direct economical way. So what is my Avitar? advice from your consultant Jennifer or my own gut feeling to try a new approach.

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @thomas-dale-2, you make some great points. Here’s the best part… your customer avatar is going to be the person you WANT to work with. I agree with you, it looks like your best bet is targeting: Hotels, Motels, retirement homes, large business offices

That being said, you also seem very excited about that target market (which will show in your work and make you even more successful).

Now, when completing your customer avatar, really imagine what your ideal client wants and needs.

Best of luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.