Dashboard Forums High End Client Program LinkedIn – “4-Question” Reviews 4 Questions–Kathryn E.H. Rimstidt

12 replies, 2 voices Last updated by n d 6 years ago
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Kathryn Rimstidt
      Participant
        @kathryn.eh.rimstidt@gmail.com

@negeen-dargahi

Hi Negeen,

Please pass this on to someone else if someone else is meant to review these.  Not 100% sure if you are the “go-to” person for all LinkedIn/LinkedIn prep stuff?  You could let me know that.

LinkedIn Questions:

1) Great to connect ‘NAME’… what’s your core business?

2) Perfect. What’s your main focus this year?

3) Love that! If I had a few simple strategies that would help you accomplish that, would you like me to share those with you?

4) Fantastic. What are a few time windows that you have available tomorrow to chat?

5) 2pm works. What’s your mobile?

So, I have three questions about this,

1, if I am happy to work with women who are not in a “core business,” who perhaps volunteer or are moms full time at this point in their lives, do I still stick with these questions and just figure that they’ll find me if it’s a fit?

Second question, is the point that they won’t likely answer question 2 unless they are at least partially intrigued by the idea of shifting anxiety, stress, overwhelm from the center of their lives, and bringing freedom with self trust, love, and care into the center….and so whatever they answer in #3 will be relevant to me? Or, is that if it’s not relevant to this directly (for example, let’s say they said they want to have more work productivity), that I say it’s not a fit, or that I say I might have some tips for them because I might if there are these internal issues going on with anxiety and such that are hurting the productivity?, or I just help in whatever way seems a fit with my intuition while we’re on the call and then ask for referrals at the end if it doesn’t seem a fit? I guess I’m not clear on this part. And, maybe it’s addressed later. But, I’m basically just copying these questions exactly from the “coach” post on the forum and they don’t feel like a great fit, but I know we’re meant to trust the questions. So, I just want to check in if there’s more to do with them or if I just move on as-is. Thanks!

Lastly: I’m not clear, if we haven’t connected before what we use, do we just skip the “Great to connect” and say, “Hi, what’s your core business?”….or is the “Great to connect” meaning, the connection of this message?

Thanks so much! and loving care,
        Kathryn

n d
        Keymaster
          @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kathryn-rimstidt!

Yes, I’m you’re go-to person to help with this.

First off, your 4 questions look PERFECT.

1. For this instance, you could ask what their core focus is as your Q1 and for your Q2, you could even use and skip to Q3 if you’d like. So basically you would ask Q2 and go in to Q3 rather than asking about their core business.

2. Right so keep in mind that these are just simple questions to get them on the phone with you as soon as possible. Remember that you are not qualifying them – so that’s why the questions are pretty generic right now.

I want you to watch Halle’s video called: “4 Questions” the Transformational Business Strategy module (bottom middle module on your MAIN DASHBOARD – turquoise with a bulls eye) video index is to the right of the video window, in alphabetical order.

That video should really help clear up any confusion you are experiencing with the questions. I also recommend you watch “The Barker 20” in that same video index.

3. Yes, “Great to connect” is a really great opener because you are a connection and you’re taking advantage of you both being a connection here on LinkedIn. I recommend you still continue to use that even if you’ve been connected for a while.

Hope this helps 🙂

Kathryn Rimstidt
          Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Sorry.  I’m still a bit “stumped” and get started on the LinkedIn 4 questions and want to have a bit more guidance.  Excuse the length :).

Thanks so much and loving care,
            Kathryn

So, new version:

(Subject line: NAME, quick question)

1) Great to connect, NAME.  What’s your main focus this year?

2) Love that! If I had a few simple strategies that would help you accomplish that, would you like me to share those with you?

3) Fantastic. What are a few time windows that you have available tomorrow to chat?

5) 2pm works. What’s your mobile?

6) Great!  I will call you tomorrow at 2 p.m.

OR

1) Great to connect, NAME.  What’s your main focus this year?

2) Love that! I think we could offer support to each other.  What are a few time windows that you have available tomorrow to chat?

3) 2pm works. What’s your mobile?

4) Great!  I will call you tomorrow at 2 p.m.

Questions re subject line & first line….include name in both, neither, or just one?  If not both, which one recommended?  One of the confusions I’m having is that different things seem to suggest different choices, so I’m having trouble which is the “best recommended” since I don’t have a lot of experience and want to keep it simple.

Also, for someone I know relatively well, do you have a different suggestion that is somewhat of a “form” way or would I just adjust?

Questions re #2 and 3 in example 1 (or #2 in example 2)…So, I get that these are not “qualifying” questions, but, especially now that I have started the next lesson it says to go ahead and do these questions and I’m not sure what/how I would proceed with folks if I use these questions.  Halle seemed to suggest using your offer, “If I could show you how to do ______….., and, I had noticed an alternative choice someone recommended and that seemed to be referred to in the Barker 20 as well about something like “I think we could be supportive to each other.  When is a good time to talk tomorrow?” and just going straight there after question and then saying “Great, 2 p.m. works.”  It seems like, unless their area of focus they share is one that obviously is aligned with what I’m offering, that something like this last would be a better fit.  Can you remind me of this wording/suggest if this would make sense, unless their area of focus really feels “in my wheelhouse” of anxiety and self-trust and all?  I also wanted to check, some things seem to suggest you need a time tomorrow, and others suggest other days work.  Also, can I suggest a time window instead if I know I can only do certain hours.  For example, “When is a good time to talk tomorrow between 9 and 1:30 or Monday between 9 and 1:30?” if it were a Thursday when I was at that point.  I know sooner is better, and shorter is better but if I know I am not free all day, is it better to offer windows when I am free or just reply I can’t do that, how about xxxx?  I just know you guys have a lot of experience and I want to go in knowing what is most likely to work.

I also saw something in the newer section suggesting to be posting something helpful to LinkedIn daily. And to join and help in LinkedIn groups. I don’t do either of these things.  And the idea to send qualifying questions or more info after setting up a phone call time.  As well as to be contacting folks for 20 minutes/day on LinkedIn.  And then there’s the course content which continues on.  I guess I’m just a bit confused on where to put my energy in for the 30 minutes-1 hour I am spending a day on the homework (sometimes it’s a bit more, but that is my usual time-frame).

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion.  I’m “moving forward,” but just wanting a bit more clarity!

Kathryn Rimstidt
            Participant

@negeen-dargahi….

Looks like there’s no subject line no mine.  So, I’m going to just  go for “question 1” for a few folks if I can get it to work and get started so I’ve done that while I’ve got my homework-time for today and go from there.  Imperfect action, right :). I just did my first ones and left the names off since that was the suggestion sometimes….I might change that later.

“Great to connect on LinkedIn! What’s your main focus this year?”

Suggestions on this and the previous much appreciated!

Thanks!

n d
              Keymaster
                @negeen@coredm.com

Hi, @kathryn-rimstidt! Good question. There are no longer subject lines but yes how about:

Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core focus?

Kathryn Rimstidt
                Participant

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”> @negeen-dargahi</p>
                  Thanks

for the reply to the second part…. I did go ahead and send the first 20 as previously written but can adjust and try the other when I send more tomorrow.

did you see the longer previous message/can you reply to the other questions?

Th

ankyou!

n d
                  Keymaster
                    @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kathryn-rimstidt –

Okay I’m seeing your post.

Let’s take a step back…

First, both of the options for your 4 questions work great!!

You can even split test between them for 2 weeks to see how they perform.

Yes, adding their first name to your Q1 is always a bonus – so it seems more direct/customized to your potential client.

As far as time slots go, I recommend suggesting 2 times for them to choose. “how does 2pm or 4pm EST work?” — like that.

Again, that’s the beauty of the 4 questions, you can play around with it. But it helps when you’re ALPHA and make them choose instead of allowing THEM to pick a time if you say “what time works”. Then, they feel they have control of the conversation.

I wouldn’t worry about the extra LinkedIn work but focus on the Barker 20 and just sending out the 4 questions, responding and connecting.

Just keep moving forward and sending out your Q1 🙂

Hope I answered all of your questions.

Kathryn Rimstidt
                    Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Negeen,

Thanks for the response!  I think you covered most everything….it definitely feels a lot better to me given what I heard.  Thanks so much and I’ll let you know if I have additional questions and how things go.

Loving care & thanks again,
                      Kathryn

Kathryn Rimstidt
                      Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Negeen,

I’m running into an issue already in that if I offer two time slots to everyone then I can only send that follow-up message to 5 people and then my I’m already starting to offer into next Thursday (I was reserving 45 minutes/call so I have some time in-between even if they go long…I think I will switch over to 30 minutes which will help some), but I still won’t be able to reply to all the messages as I await confirmations back and these are just from yesterday’s and two from today.  Is there a different way to go about this?

Thanks! and loving care,
                        Kathryn

Kathryn Rimstidt
                        Participant

@negeen-dargahi

Sorry, another question!  I might just send something in reply, but thought I’d see whether you see this on time to make a suggestion, and, if not, what to reply when these type of things come up in future.

The other person answered “God” as their focus

I sent, “I wonder if we could offer support to each other. How does 10:15 or 11 a.m. EST on Tues Sept 11th work?”

The other person sent, “I’m nor sure what you are meaning?”

I thought about saying, “I support others (say women, or not?) in shifting anxiety, overwhelm, and stress from the center of their lives and bringing self trust, love, and care into the center.  I wondered if these ideas would be supportive to you or others you are helping as you focus on God this year?  And, as I supported your or others with these, that would support my business.

Seems like it could be a sort of standard reply, but I really don’t know….advice?

Thanks!,
                          Kathryn

n d
                          Keymaster
                            @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kathryn-rimstidt,

In your response to them “I wonder if we could offer support to each other. How does 10:15 or 11 a.m. EST on Tues Sept 11th work?”

You didn’t mention a call so that is why they are confused.

Keep going through the 4 questions – you will always run into an objection every now and then so simply tell them you believe you can both benefit each other and then set up a phone call.

But yes, use your best judgment 🙂

Kathryn Rimstidt
                            Participant

@negeen-dargahi…Thanks for this clarity! I completely missed this :-). Did you see my previous question on scheduling issues with offering two options, and how long to save for appointments, etc.? Thanks for addressing my many questions!

n d
                              Keymaster
                                @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @kathryn-rimstidt – I would consider asking Kent this on the live call this week.

In my opinion, try split testing. Have one asking what time they’re available the following day and see if you can find a good time that works.

You could even suggest two DAYS and THEN set up times once they’ve chosen a day so you know they’re interested.

Again, I recommend getting Kent’s perspective on this 😉

Viewing 12 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.