Dashboard Forums High End Client Program LinkedIn – “4-Question” Reviews 4-Question Review – Technology Executives

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by n d 5 years, 11 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Julian Whitaker
      Participant
        @julian@whitakerdesign.com

@negeen-dargahi @kent-littlejohn

Avatar target is a senior executive in charge of software development/engineering or business unit of a software company producing a user-facing product, either internal to the company or consumer-facing.

Expected pain points are that they are in charge of a team, engineers and product development, but have struggled in finding the right resources or process that consistently creates clear product strategy and requirements for their team to build.

“Q1: What’s your core business?

Q2: Great… What are your thoughts on your requirements definition process?

Q3: I see… And what about your UX design process? How does that look?

Q4: Interesting… I’ve got some insights around that I think you would find useful. Whats a good time tomorrow for a quick 5-10 min chat? I’ll call your mobile.

Cheers,

Julian”

Julian Whitaker
        Participant
          @julian@whitakerdesign.com

@negeen-dargahi @kent-littlejohn

Avatar target is a senior executive in charge of software development/engineering or business unit of a software company producing a user-facing product, either internal to the company or consumer-facing.

Expected pain points are that they are in charge of a team, engineers and product development, but have struggled in finding the right resources or process that consistently creates clear product strategy and requirements for their team to build.

“Q1: What’s your core business?

Q2: Great… What are your thoughts on your requirements definition process?

Q3: I see… And what about your UX design process? How does that look?

Q4: Interesting… I’ve got some insights around that I think you would find useful.

Whats a good time tomorrow for a quick 5-10 min chat?

Q5: Perfect. What’s your mobile?

n d
          Keymaster
            @negeen@coredm.com

Hi @julian-whitaker! This is a good start but you are qualifying a bit too much in these questions.

Make sure you watch Halle’s video called: “4 QUESTIONS” in the Transformational Business Strategy module (bottom middle module on your MAIN DASHBOARD – turquoise with a bullseye) video index is to the right of the video window, in alphabetical order.

Your Q1 is good, but it would be better if you included their name to customize it:

Q1: “Great to connect, [NAME]! What’s your core business?”

Q2 is too much. Keep it simple. Consider questions like:

2) Perfect. What’s your main focus this year?”

2) Fantastic. Are you planning/wanting to grow in 2018?

^ something that is simple enough for them to answer and also, an easy way for you to build some rapport.

Q3, same thing. There’s a very good chance you’re going to spend a lot of time qualifying people on LinkedIn by looking at their profiles to make sure they’re in your field of work, which we want to avoid. Again, restructure your question to be simple and not qualifying.

Like:

3. Love it. If I could show you an easy way to _________ would you have interest?

or

3. Fantastic. If I were able to [answer their pain point – like building their team], would you have any interest?

Q4, don’t say the “interesting” line, you can just dive into the time slot.

NICE work – I highly recommend bringing these questions to the live call to get Kent’s perspective as well. But what I provided above is a great outline to follow.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Support Forums are being phased out. You can still view the existing Forum posts but can no longer post in them. For all Support needs, please email help@coredm.com or click the blue Question Mark icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.